Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 08/08/2017
IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October
On 18/19th October the IHBC, with local and national partners, will host a learning day and more on ‘Heritage Project Management’, at Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, offering delegates from across the UK practical insights into the working of heritage-led regeneration … Continue reading
Both the IHBC and COTAC have welcomed the new Historic England (HE) Report on ‘The Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) within a Heritage Science Context’, while COTAC (of which IHBC is a member) helps set this work within the … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects
OpenCulture, the free online culture resource, offers links to new documentaries on famous architects & buildings, including the Bauhaus, Le Corbusier, Hadid & many more, an easy way to develop skills across the IHBC’s ‘Areas of Competence’, your institute’s core … Continue reading
England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has summarized the positive responses by various Ministers and Departments to congratulatory letters that included the Heritage Manifesto, and will gather members’ views in advance of a meeting with Michael Gove, Environment Secretary, scheduled for 11 … Continue reading
The area between Farringdon and Moorgate is to become ‘culture mile’ over next 10-15 years.
Ancient rocks at a protected site in Pembrokeshire are being moved, damaged or stolen by visitors, conservationists have warned, according to reports from the BBC. image Pembrokeshire College’s Army preparation training course
Entries for the Philip Webb annual award for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture will close on 11 September.
Multi-million pound Welsh Streets transformation to go on show A multi-million pound project to transform dozens of empty Victorian homes in the Toxeth area of Liverpool into rental properties is being unveiled at a heritage open weekend.
Almost 2,200 photographs from the Andor Gomme Collection are now available and the catalogue records can be searched via the Historic England Archive website.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) writes that the conservation and restoration of Sandycombe Lodge, the Twickenham villa of one of Britain’s greatest landscape painters is now complete, made possible by money from National Lottery players. image from HLF website article … Continue reading