Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary 15/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context 15/08/2017
- Five towns and cities shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2021 15/08/2017
- Jodrell Bank’s Mark II telescope gets Grade I listed status 15/08/2017
- New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media 15/08/2017
- National Churches Trust’s ‘Five point plan’ to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings 15/08/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Belfast 2018’ preamble: Titanic Quarter owner injects £29m into development project 15/08/2017
- LI Feature: Glasgow designs for exhibition aim to calm, shelter and entertain the public 15/08/2017
- Halifax Piece Hall opens after £19m regeneration 15/08/2017
- HES Blog: Conservation work to unroofed nave at Dunkeld Cathedral 15/08/2017
- IHBC welcomes Peter Aiers (IHBC) as new Chief Executive at The Churches Conservation Trust 11/08/2017
- New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more 11/08/2017
- IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area 11/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000 11/08/2017
- Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September 11/08/2017
- New Listings Announced to Celebrate 70 Years of Protecting England’s Historic Buildings 11/08/2017
- Trudi Elliott to stand down as RTPI chief executive 11/08/2017
- Keep it London – Putting Heritage at the Heart of London’s Future 11/08/2017
- Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill 11/08/2017
- Scottish Civic Trust 50th Anniversary celebration: Nominations sought for 50 favourite doors! 11/08/2017
- IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD Boost: New ‘Heritage Science BIM’ report from HE, with added context from COTAC 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects 08/08/2017
- England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove 08/08/2017
- Plans unveiled for new London ‘Culture mile’ 08/08/2017
Daily Archives: 08/08/2017
IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October
On 18/19th October the IHBC, with local and national partners, will host a learning day and more on ‘Heritage Project Management’, at Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, offering delegates from across the UK practical insights into the working of heritage-led regeneration … Continue reading
Both the IHBC and COTAC have welcomed the new Historic England (HE) Report on ‘The Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) within a Heritage Science Context’, while COTAC (of which IHBC is a member) helps set this work within the … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects
OpenCulture, the free online culture resource, offers links to new documentaries on famous architects & buildings, including the Bauhaus, Le Corbusier, Hadid & many more, an easy way to develop skills across the IHBC’s ‘Areas of Competence’, your institute’s core … Continue reading
England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has summarized the positive responses by various Ministers and Departments to congratulatory letters that included the Heritage Manifesto, and will gather members’ views in advance of a meeting with Michael Gove, Environment Secretary, scheduled for 11 … Continue reading
The area between Farringdon and Moorgate is to become ‘culture mile’ over next 10-15 years.
Ancient rocks at a protected site in Pembrokeshire are being moved, damaged or stolen by visitors, conservationists have warned, according to reports from the BBC. image Pembrokeshire College’s Army preparation training course
Entries for the Philip Webb annual award for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture will close on 11 September.
Multi-million pound Welsh Streets transformation to go on show A multi-million pound project to transform dozens of empty Victorian homes in the Toxeth area of Liverpool into rental properties is being unveiled at a heritage open weekend.
Almost 2,200 photographs from the Andor Gomme Collection are now available and the catalogue records can be searched via the Historic England Archive website.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) writes that the conservation and restoration of Sandycombe Lodge, the Twickenham villa of one of Britain’s greatest landscape painters is now complete, made possible by money from National Lottery players. image from HLF website article … Continue reading