Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 08/08/2017
IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October
On 18/19th October the IHBC, with local and national partners, will host a learning day and more on ‘Heritage Project Management’, at Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, offering delegates from across the UK practical insights into the working of heritage-led regeneration … Continue reading
Both the IHBC and COTAC have welcomed the new Historic England (HE) Report on ‘The Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) within a Heritage Science Context’, while COTAC (of which IHBC is a member) helps set this work within the … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects
OpenCulture, the free online culture resource, offers links to new documentaries on famous architects & buildings, including the Bauhaus, Le Corbusier, Hadid & many more, an easy way to develop skills across the IHBC’s ‘Areas of Competence’, your institute’s core … Continue reading
England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has summarized the positive responses by various Ministers and Departments to congratulatory letters that included the Heritage Manifesto, and will gather members’ views in advance of a meeting with Michael Gove, Environment Secretary, scheduled for 11 … Continue reading
The area between Farringdon and Moorgate is to become ‘culture mile’ over next 10-15 years.
Ancient rocks at a protected site in Pembrokeshire are being moved, damaged or stolen by visitors, conservationists have warned, according to reports from the BBC. image Pembrokeshire College’s Army preparation training course
Entries for the Philip Webb annual award for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture will close on 11 September.
Multi-million pound Welsh Streets transformation to go on show A multi-million pound project to transform dozens of empty Victorian homes in the Toxeth area of Liverpool into rental properties is being unveiled at a heritage open weekend.
Almost 2,200 photographs from the Andor Gomme Collection are now available and the catalogue records can be searched via the Historic England Archive website.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) writes that the conservation and restoration of Sandycombe Lodge, the Twickenham villa of one of Britain’s greatest landscape painters is now complete, made possible by money from National Lottery players. image from HLF website article … Continue reading