Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new website for 2018: sharp design – improved access – enhanced security – familiar content! 16/01/2018
- IHBC welcomes DBW’s mobile-friendly web designs: Making Conservation Wiki even more accessible 16/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context and on floorscapes: Rob Cowan examines the less familiar materials underfoot 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Forces join to help revamp of Shewsbury Flaxmill 16/01/2018
- RTPI announces new Chief Executive 16/01/2018
- DBW’s top 5 interviews from 2017: Heritage and traditional build, if only in the background! 16/01/2018
- Prime Minister launches 25 Year Environment Plan: Leaving places better 16/01/2018
- DHCLG Consultation outcome publication on ‘Basement developments and the Planning System’ 16/01/2018
- Government promotes housing with DCLG rebrand to DHCLG 16/01/2018
- Scottish council considers knocking down all high-rise flats 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s 2017 NewsBlog review & your New Year resolution: Help us upskill your colleagues with our 6 months free NewsBlog offer! 12/01/2018
- More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP) 12/01/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£380,000+ costed work this week: Buxton… ‘Cultural Heritage Assets Review’, valued £60,000, closing 26/01 12/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: ‘Traditional paving = Place experience’ 12/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plans for Morpeth pele tower submitted 12/01/2018
- Huge blaze closes Nottingham’s recently restored GII listed railway station 12/01/2018
- Bristol University GII Fry fire accidental 12/01/2018
- Wales: Owners etc. consultation on historic parks and gardens boundaries 12/01/2018
- Highways England’s Strategic Road Network Initial Report consultation: Closing 8 Feb 12/01/2018
- Hackitt report into ‘Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ post-Grenfell: Interim update – Calls for ‘universal shift in culture’ 12/01/2018
- Theresa May’s cabinet reshuffle January 2018 12/01/2018
- Wellcome’s ‘architectural commission’ open call on health and places: Deadline 2 Feb 12/01/2018
- IHBC President reminds on nominations for 2018 Marsh Awards – Closing 28 February 09/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’ 09/01/2018
Daily Archives: 08/08/2017
IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October
On 18/19th October the IHBC, with local and national partners, will host a learning day and more on ‘Heritage Project Management’, at Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, offering delegates from across the UK practical insights into the working of heritage-led regeneration … Continue reading
Both the IHBC and COTAC have welcomed the new Historic England (HE) Report on ‘The Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) within a Heritage Science Context’, while COTAC (of which IHBC is a member) helps set this work within the … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects
OpenCulture, the free online culture resource, offers links to new documentaries on famous architects & buildings, including the Bauhaus, Le Corbusier, Hadid & many more, an easy way to develop skills across the IHBC’s ‘Areas of Competence’, your institute’s core … Continue reading
England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has summarized the positive responses by various Ministers and Departments to congratulatory letters that included the Heritage Manifesto, and will gather members’ views in advance of a meeting with Michael Gove, Environment Secretary, scheduled for 11 … Continue reading
The area between Farringdon and Moorgate is to become ‘culture mile’ over next 10-15 years.
Ancient rocks at a protected site in Pembrokeshire are being moved, damaged or stolen by visitors, conservationists have warned, according to reports from the BBC. image Pembrokeshire College’s Army preparation training course
Entries for the Philip Webb annual award for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture will close on 11 September.
Multi-million pound Welsh Streets transformation to go on show A multi-million pound project to transform dozens of empty Victorian homes in the Toxeth area of Liverpool into rental properties is being unveiled at a heritage open weekend.
Almost 2,200 photographs from the Andor Gomme Collection are now available and the catalogue records can be searched via the Historic England Archive website.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) writes that the conservation and restoration of Sandycombe Lodge, the Twickenham villa of one of Britain’s greatest landscape painters is now complete, made possible by money from National Lottery players. image from HLF website article … Continue reading