Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 08/08/2017
IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October
On 18/19th October the IHBC, with local and national partners, will host a learning day and more on ‘Heritage Project Management’, at Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, offering delegates from across the UK practical insights into the working of heritage-led regeneration … Continue reading
Both the IHBC and COTAC have welcomed the new Historic England (HE) Report on ‘The Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) within a Heritage Science Context’, while COTAC (of which IHBC is a member) helps set this work within the … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects
OpenCulture, the free online culture resource, offers links to new documentaries on famous architects & buildings, including the Bauhaus, Le Corbusier, Hadid & many more, an easy way to develop skills across the IHBC’s ‘Areas of Competence’, your institute’s core … Continue reading
England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has summarized the positive responses by various Ministers and Departments to congratulatory letters that included the Heritage Manifesto, and will gather members’ views in advance of a meeting with Michael Gove, Environment Secretary, scheduled for 11 … Continue reading
The area between Farringdon and Moorgate is to become ‘culture mile’ over next 10-15 years.
Ancient rocks at a protected site in Pembrokeshire are being moved, damaged or stolen by visitors, conservationists have warned, according to reports from the BBC. image Pembrokeshire College’s Army preparation training course
Entries for the Philip Webb annual award for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture will close on 11 September.
Multi-million pound Welsh Streets transformation to go on show A multi-million pound project to transform dozens of empty Victorian homes in the Toxeth area of Liverpool into rental properties is being unveiled at a heritage open weekend.
Almost 2,200 photographs from the Andor Gomme Collection are now available and the catalogue records can be searched via the Historic England Archive website.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) writes that the conservation and restoration of Sandycombe Lodge, the Twickenham villa of one of Britain’s greatest landscape painters is now complete, made possible by money from National Lottery players. image from HLF website article … Continue reading