Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary 15/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context 15/08/2017
- Five towns and cities shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2021 15/08/2017
- Jodrell Bank’s Mark II telescope gets Grade I listed status 15/08/2017
- New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media 15/08/2017
- National Churches Trust’s ‘Five point plan’ to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings 15/08/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Belfast 2018’ preamble: Titanic Quarter owner injects £29m into development project 15/08/2017
- LI Feature: Glasgow designs for exhibition aim to calm, shelter and entertain the public 15/08/2017
- Halifax Piece Hall opens after £19m regeneration 15/08/2017
- HES Blog: Conservation work to unroofed nave at Dunkeld Cathedral 15/08/2017
- IHBC welcomes Peter Aiers (IHBC) as new Chief Executive at The Churches Conservation Trust 11/08/2017
- New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more 11/08/2017
- IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area 11/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000 11/08/2017
- Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September 11/08/2017
- New Listings Announced to Celebrate 70 Years of Protecting England’s Historic Buildings 11/08/2017
- Trudi Elliott to stand down as RTPI chief executive 11/08/2017
- Keep it London – Putting Heritage at the Heart of London’s Future 11/08/2017
- Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill 11/08/2017
- Scottish Civic Trust 50th Anniversary celebration: Nominations sought for 50 favourite doors! 11/08/2017
- IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD Boost: New ‘Heritage Science BIM’ report from HE, with added context from COTAC 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects 08/08/2017
- England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove 08/08/2017
- Plans unveiled for new London ‘Culture mile’ 08/08/2017
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact email@example.com by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.