Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact email@example.com by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.