Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact email@example.com by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.