Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new website for 2018: sharp design – improved access – enhanced security – familiar content! 16/01/2018
- IHBC welcomes DBW’s mobile-friendly web designs: Making Conservation Wiki even more accessible 16/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context and on floorscapes: Rob Cowan examines the less familiar materials underfoot 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Forces join to help revamp of Shewsbury Flaxmill 16/01/2018
- RTPI announces new Chief Executive 16/01/2018
- DBW’s top 5 interviews from 2017: Heritage and traditional build, if only in the background! 16/01/2018
- Prime Minister launches 25 Year Environment Plan: Leaving places better 16/01/2018
- DHCLG Consultation outcome publication on ‘Basement developments and the Planning System’ 16/01/2018
- Government promotes housing with DCLG rebrand to DHCLG 16/01/2018
- Scottish council considers knocking down all high-rise flats 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s 2017 NewsBlog review & your New Year resolution: Help us upskill your colleagues with our 6 months free NewsBlog offer! 12/01/2018
- More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP) 12/01/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£380,000+ costed work this week: Buxton… ‘Cultural Heritage Assets Review’, valued £60,000, closing 26/01 12/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: ‘Traditional paving = Place experience’ 12/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plans for Morpeth pele tower submitted 12/01/2018
- Huge blaze closes Nottingham’s recently restored GII listed railway station 12/01/2018
- Bristol University GII Fry fire accidental 12/01/2018
- Wales: Owners etc. consultation on historic parks and gardens boundaries 12/01/2018
- Highways England’s Strategic Road Network Initial Report consultation: Closing 8 Feb 12/01/2018
- Hackitt report into ‘Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ post-Grenfell: Interim update – Calls for ‘universal shift in culture’ 12/01/2018
- Theresa May’s cabinet reshuffle January 2018 12/01/2018
- Wellcome’s ‘architectural commission’ open call on health and places: Deadline 2 Feb 12/01/2018
- IHBC President reminds on nominations for 2018 Marsh Awards – Closing 28 February 09/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’ 09/01/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.