Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 04/08/2017
The IHBC has launched a new Guidance Note (GN2017/4) on ‘Townscape as an important concept in conservation area management’, to explain the importance the Institute places on townscape as a specific concept in the proper management of conservation areas, and … Continue reading
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust seeks options appraisal for B listed building, closing 11 August, valued £12,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: House of Commons Note on garden cities, towns and villages… in the context of planning today
The House of Commons Library has issued a new note on garden cities, towns and villages, setting their history in the context of current planning challenges that are especially prominent in southern England. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
Manchester City Council has announced a list of successful tenderers for contracts relating to the it’s Town Hall project with IHBC HESPR member Purcell leading on architecture.
The government has announced an independent review of building regulations and fire safety. DCLG Marsham Street London Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington
Developers warned of legal action for unauthorised work at Tonedale House and Tonedale Mill in Wellington Taunton Deane Borough Council is warning developers that they face legal action unless they call an immediate halt to illegal work being carried out … Continue reading
The Local Government Association (LGA) is developing a publication in to showcase effective partnership approaches to positive planning, so if you would like to showcase work you have done in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Plans to dismantle the Grade II-listed Victoria Pier in Colwyn Bay have been approved by councillors.
England’s Planning Advisory Service (PAS) is inviting talented people working in the built environment sector from across the country to team up to solve a tricky planning problem, and it commences in October.