Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 01/08/2017
Following the recent decision of the High Court to allow the candy-coloured stripes to be retained on an unlisted house in a Kensington conservation area – the ‘Stripey House’ – the IHBC has published a short guidance note to clarify … Continue reading
IHBC website users can now access a key IHBC service more readily as the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki now has its dedicated icon link from our Home page, offering easy access to Designing Buildings Wiki’s 3 million users a year via … Continue reading
Scientists apparently have cracked the secret to Roman water-based structures’ strength, in findings that could help today’s builders. Open Culture video
The IHBC has been asked to note to members an open route to participation in the Department for Communities & Local Government’s (DCLG’s) anticipated Review of Building Regulations and Standards following the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is expanding its grant-giving programme and has launched a new Scottish Community Development Grant that enables historic building regeneration projects in communities across Scotland.
From cycling to commuting, housing to land ownership and the digital economy – this year’s RTPI Awards for Research Excellence shortlist reflects the depth and breadth of planning research.
Historic England has published a report entitled ‘The Church and Chapel Interiors of John Loughborough Pearson: A Selective Assessment of their significance’ to celebrate the 200 birthday of the Victorian Gothic Revivalist architect
The Design Commission for Wales has written a design and access Statement which has been published by the Welsh Government consequent to legislative changes concerning design and access (DAS) in April last year.
The CEO of Bournville Village Trust has welcomed the call for 50 new Garden Villages but warns that effective management is necessary to ensure success and create sustainable new communities, rather than just offer a badge of convenience.
Conservation local and global update form the BBC: Hong Kong: Plans to demolish WW2-era buildings withdrawn
The BBC has recently reported on how conservation groups in Hong Kong are celebrating the withdrawal of a controversial plan to demolish a cluster of low-rise tenement buildings in the heart of the city to make room for high-rise towers.