Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 01/08/2017
Following the recent decision of the High Court to allow the candy-coloured stripes to be retained on an unlisted house in a Kensington conservation area – the ‘Stripey House’ – the IHBC has published a short guidance note to clarify … Continue reading
IHBC website users can now access a key IHBC service more readily as the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki now has its dedicated icon link from our Home page, offering easy access to Designing Buildings Wiki’s 3 million users a year via … Continue reading
Scientists apparently have cracked the secret to Roman water-based structures’ strength, in findings that could help today’s builders. Open Culture video
The IHBC has been asked to note to members an open route to participation in the Department for Communities & Local Government’s (DCLG’s) anticipated Review of Building Regulations and Standards following the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is expanding its grant-giving programme and has launched a new Scottish Community Development Grant that enables historic building regeneration projects in communities across Scotland.
From cycling to commuting, housing to land ownership and the digital economy – this year’s RTPI Awards for Research Excellence shortlist reflects the depth and breadth of planning research.
Historic England has published a report entitled ‘The Church and Chapel Interiors of John Loughborough Pearson: A Selective Assessment of their significance’ to celebrate the 200 birthday of the Victorian Gothic Revivalist architect
The Design Commission for Wales has written a design and access Statement which has been published by the Welsh Government consequent to legislative changes concerning design and access (DAS) in April last year.
The CEO of Bournville Village Trust has welcomed the call for 50 new Garden Villages but warns that effective management is necessary to ensure success and create sustainable new communities, rather than just offer a badge of convenience.
Conservation local and global update form the BBC: Hong Kong: Plans to demolish WW2-era buildings withdrawn
The BBC has recently reported on how conservation groups in Hong Kong are celebrating the withdrawal of a controversial plan to demolish a cluster of low-rise tenement buildings in the heart of the city to make room for high-rise towers.