Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 14/07/2017
Students rewarded: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2018 Annual School as Student Award closes 31 July – ‘Just send us your coursework, online and on time’!
The IHBC’s 2017 Gus Astley Student Award closes on 31 July, so if you have relevant coursework from any UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2016 OR 2107 – be sure to submit it online and on time … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes Scotland’s new postgraduate building conservation course: HES at Stirling’s Engine Shed, including 4 FT bursaries!
The IHBC has welcomed the launch of the new Advanced Professional Diploma in Technical Building Conservation at Historic Environment Scotland’s (HES) Engine Shed in Stirling, including its offer of four full-time grant bursary places for the inaugural session.
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Heritage assessment and proposals, Bridge End Gardens, Saffron Walden, £5000, closing 30 July
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
England’s Lake District, the cultural and ancient landscape that inspired Romantic poets and conservationists including William Wordsworth, John Ruskin and Beatrix Potter, has been inscribed onto UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has produced a useful summary of built environment related events taking place at the Edinburgh International Book Festival in August, any of which might be of interest to IHBC members.
A new report demonstrates the ‘transformative impact’ of Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) funding for many of the UK’s flagship museums, galleries, libraries, archives and heritage bodies, over the last decade.
CPRE: More Green Belt being lost for housing without tackling the crisis – 70% remains ‘unaffordable’
The Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) writes that 425,000 houses are now planned for Green Belt, of which more than 70% are unaffordable.
The heritage sector generates £963m into the Welsh economy each year and supports over 40,500 jobs, a new report by the Historic Environment Group has revealed.
Between 21-30 July the silvered oak doors of historic churches and chapels across the country will be thrown open for events including concerts and theatre, Champing™ church camping adventures, historic tours, family trails and craft, tower climbs, art exhibitions and … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) 2050 Group has launched a survey called ‘Looking towards an evolving construction industry’ to gain an on-the-ground perspective of the inspirations and challenges of those working in the construction and built environment industry.
Civic Voice, the national charity for the civic movement, has announced the shortlist for the third annual Civic Voice Design Awards, and highlights 6 key messages, including that the Historic Environment (HE) is not a barrier to growth, and that … Continue reading
The city’s mayor, Joe Anderson, has responded to the criticism in the Guardian of dockside redevelopment plans.