Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 11/07/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Building Conservation Certification Scheme, developed following increased demand for certified conservation specialists across its membership and beyond.
The IHBC is trialling a feedback rating system on the tender advertisements it circulates weekly to IHBC’s HESPR members – commercial practices subscribing to the IHBC’s quality assurance for service providers – to make sure that this innovative service is … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boosts from the US: CPD Forum Webinar Series – Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods
IHBC members may be interested in boosting CPD through the US Preservation Leadership Forum’s Webinar Series, the most recent of which is themed on: Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods (free: registration required).
The proceedings of the Second International Conference on Energy Efficiency and Comfort in Historic Buildings (EECHB 2016), referred to in IHBC’s recent ‘Green Retrofit’ issue of Context, are available to download.
IHBC and more recognised for advisory roles in THA‘s responses summary to Heritage 2020 consultation
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has released the responses summary to its 2016 consultation on Heritage 2020, with bodies such as the IHBC and the Heritage Trust Network especially recognised for their information and advisory services.
EH’s first virtual reality experience: St. Augustine’s Abbey, Canterbury, brought to life through virtual reality tour
English Heritage has launched its first virtual reality experience as part of a four-year collaboration with postgraduate students at the University of Kent as visitors to Canterbury’s St Augustine’s Abbey ‘will be able to experience medieval England in virtual reality.’
Over £3.8 million in National Lottery funds has been shared by almost 500 groups across Scotland. The windfall means grassroots groups delivering everything from wheelchair football to after-school holiday clubs and drama workshops to hip-hop dance sessions now get the … Continue reading
Three lighthouses on Rathlin Island in Northern Ireland (NI) have been designated as listed buildings while a famous WWI shipwreck has been named as an historic monument.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is to become the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DDCMS).
Framlingham Castle has reopens its doors after a £1.2 million investment and conservation project, allowing visitors to uncover the 900-year-old story of the site.
War memorial to commemorate the 18 children of Upper North Street School in Poplar, East London, who were killed in a German air raid on 13 June 1917, 100 year ago, has been upgraded to Grade II* on Historic England … Continue reading