Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 11/07/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Building Conservation Certification Scheme, developed following increased demand for certified conservation specialists across its membership and beyond.
The IHBC is trialling a feedback rating system on the tender advertisements it circulates weekly to IHBC’s HESPR members – commercial practices subscribing to the IHBC’s quality assurance for service providers – to make sure that this innovative service is … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boosts from the US: CPD Forum Webinar Series – Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods
IHBC members may be interested in boosting CPD through the US Preservation Leadership Forum’s Webinar Series, the most recent of which is themed on: Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods (free: registration required).
The proceedings of the Second International Conference on Energy Efficiency and Comfort in Historic Buildings (EECHB 2016), referred to in IHBC’s recent ‘Green Retrofit’ issue of Context, are available to download.
IHBC and more recognised for advisory roles in THA‘s responses summary to Heritage 2020 consultation
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has released the responses summary to its 2016 consultation on Heritage 2020, with bodies such as the IHBC and the Heritage Trust Network especially recognised for their information and advisory services.
EH’s first virtual reality experience: St. Augustine’s Abbey, Canterbury, brought to life through virtual reality tour
English Heritage has launched its first virtual reality experience as part of a four-year collaboration with postgraduate students at the University of Kent as visitors to Canterbury’s St Augustine’s Abbey ‘will be able to experience medieval England in virtual reality.’
Over £3.8 million in National Lottery funds has been shared by almost 500 groups across Scotland. The windfall means grassroots groups delivering everything from wheelchair football to after-school holiday clubs and drama workshops to hip-hop dance sessions now get the … Continue reading
Three lighthouses on Rathlin Island in Northern Ireland (NI) have been designated as listed buildings while a famous WWI shipwreck has been named as an historic monument.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is to become the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DDCMS).
Framlingham Castle has reopens its doors after a £1.2 million investment and conservation project, allowing visitors to uncover the 900-year-old story of the site.
War memorial to commemorate the 18 children of Upper North Street School in Poplar, East London, who were killed in a German air raid on 13 June 1917, 100 year ago, has been upgraded to Grade II* on Historic England … Continue reading