Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’: Closing 23 October 19/09/2017
- Urgent reminder: IHBC late fees due! ‘Money is not the barrier’ to IHBC’s support for your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees…’ 19/09/2017
- IHBC-ALGAO-HE: LA conservation and archaeology stats 2017 now out – capacity drops again despite rise in work! 19/09/2017
- Scotland’s Lime specialist SLCT hosts HRH Prince Charles, celebrating 20,000th learner: Colin Rowan 19/09/2017
- Victorian Society marks 10 years of endangered buildings campaigning with new top 10 list 19/09/2017
- The UK’s first plot shop opens for self and custom build homes 19/09/2017
- Considerate Constructors Scheme achieves 100,000 milestone 19/09/2017
- Vic Soc on Bristol landmark threatened by student flats 19/09/2017
- DCMS Report: The role of culture, sport and heritage in place shaping 19/09/2017
- UK’s best preserved WW1 aerodrome secures National Lottery cash 19/09/2017
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
Daily Archives: 11/07/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Building Conservation Certification Scheme, developed following increased demand for certified conservation specialists across its membership and beyond.
The IHBC is trialling a feedback rating system on the tender advertisements it circulates weekly to IHBC’s HESPR members – commercial practices subscribing to the IHBC’s quality assurance for service providers – to make sure that this innovative service is … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boosts from the US: CPD Forum Webinar Series – Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods
IHBC members may be interested in boosting CPD through the US Preservation Leadership Forum’s Webinar Series, the most recent of which is themed on: Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods (free: registration required).
The proceedings of the Second International Conference on Energy Efficiency and Comfort in Historic Buildings (EECHB 2016), referred to in IHBC’s recent ‘Green Retrofit’ issue of Context, are available to download.
IHBC and more recognised for advisory roles in THA‘s responses summary to Heritage 2020 consultation
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has released the responses summary to its 2016 consultation on Heritage 2020, with bodies such as the IHBC and the Heritage Trust Network especially recognised for their information and advisory services.
EH’s first virtual reality experience: St. Augustine’s Abbey, Canterbury, brought to life through virtual reality tour
English Heritage has launched its first virtual reality experience as part of a four-year collaboration with postgraduate students at the University of Kent as visitors to Canterbury’s St Augustine’s Abbey ‘will be able to experience medieval England in virtual reality.’
Over £3.8 million in National Lottery funds has been shared by almost 500 groups across Scotland. The windfall means grassroots groups delivering everything from wheelchair football to after-school holiday clubs and drama workshops to hip-hop dance sessions now get the … Continue reading
Three lighthouses on Rathlin Island in Northern Ireland (NI) have been designated as listed buildings while a famous WWI shipwreck has been named as an historic monument.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is to become the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DDCMS).
Framlingham Castle has reopens its doors after a £1.2 million investment and conservation project, allowing visitors to uncover the 900-year-old story of the site.
War memorial to commemorate the 18 children of Upper North Street School in Poplar, East London, who were killed in a German air raid on 13 June 1917, 100 year ago, has been upgraded to Grade II* on Historic England … Continue reading