Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School opens: ‘Our Shared heritage’ – Join in, in person or via social media 21/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Labour bid to save Maida Vale Studios 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the platform’: BBC features St Pancras drinking fountain restoration 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy 21/06/2018
- HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July 21/06/2018
- Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July 21/06/2018
- Groundbreaking scheme places new generation of planners in local government 21/06/2018
- Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC) vacancies (4): Pro bono, closing 4 July 21/06/2018
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
Daily Archives: 11/07/2017
The IHBC has welcomed the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Building Conservation Certification Scheme, developed following increased demand for certified conservation specialists across its membership and beyond.
The IHBC is trialling a feedback rating system on the tender advertisements it circulates weekly to IHBC’s HESPR members – commercial practices subscribing to the IHBC’s quality assurance for service providers – to make sure that this innovative service is … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boosts from the US: CPD Forum Webinar Series – Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods
IHBC members may be interested in boosting CPD through the US Preservation Leadership Forum’s Webinar Series, the most recent of which is themed on: Preserving and Supporting Businesses in Historic Neighborhoods (free: registration required).
The proceedings of the Second International Conference on Energy Efficiency and Comfort in Historic Buildings (EECHB 2016), referred to in IHBC’s recent ‘Green Retrofit’ issue of Context, are available to download.
IHBC and more recognised for advisory roles in THA‘s responses summary to Heritage 2020 consultation
The Heritage Alliance (THA) has released the responses summary to its 2016 consultation on Heritage 2020, with bodies such as the IHBC and the Heritage Trust Network especially recognised for their information and advisory services.
EH’s first virtual reality experience: St. Augustine’s Abbey, Canterbury, brought to life through virtual reality tour
English Heritage has launched its first virtual reality experience as part of a four-year collaboration with postgraduate students at the University of Kent as visitors to Canterbury’s St Augustine’s Abbey ‘will be able to experience medieval England in virtual reality.’
Over £3.8 million in National Lottery funds has been shared by almost 500 groups across Scotland. The windfall means grassroots groups delivering everything from wheelchair football to after-school holiday clubs and drama workshops to hip-hop dance sessions now get the … Continue reading
Three lighthouses on Rathlin Island in Northern Ireland (NI) have been designated as listed buildings while a famous WWI shipwreck has been named as an historic monument.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is to become the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DDCMS).
Framlingham Castle has reopens its doors after a £1.2 million investment and conservation project, allowing visitors to uncover the 900-year-old story of the site.
War memorial to commemorate the 18 children of Upper North Street School in Poplar, East London, who were killed in a German air raid on 13 June 1917, 100 year ago, has been upgraded to Grade II* on Historic England … Continue reading