Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’: Closing 23 October 19/09/2017
- Urgent reminder: IHBC late fees due! ‘Money is not the barrier’ to IHBC’s support for your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees…’ 19/09/2017
- IHBC-ALGAO-HE: LA conservation and archaeology stats 2017 now out – capacity drops again despite rise in work! 19/09/2017
- Scotland’s Lime specialist SLCT hosts HRH Prince Charles, celebrating 20,000th learner: Colin Rowan 19/09/2017
- Victorian Society marks 10 years of endangered buildings campaigning with new top 10 list 19/09/2017
- The UK’s first plot shop opens for self and custom build homes 19/09/2017
- Considerate Constructors Scheme achieves 100,000 milestone 19/09/2017
- Vic Soc on Bristol landmark threatened by student flats 19/09/2017
- DCMS Report: The role of culture, sport and heritage in place shaping 19/09/2017
- UK’s best preserved WW1 aerodrome secures National Lottery cash 19/09/2017
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
Daily Archives: 19/05/2017
As part of the IHBC’s refinement of our support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and related learning opportunities for members and practitioners from all disciplines and backgrounds, we are launching a new online registration form for anyone seeking recognition by … Continue reading
Be a ‘Friend’ to the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and use your network to join ours, absolutely free! (Limited Offer)
Interested bodies can be a ‘Friend’ of the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School, hosted by our North West Branch, and have their logo and website link on our ‘Friends of the School’ page, by agreeing to promote the School’s profile across their freely … Continue reading
The consultation on England’s Housing White Paper – ‘Fixing our Broken Housing Market’ – has now closed and the IHBC has submitted its comments.
HESPR top Pick: Pembrokeshire seeks consultant to define and value cultural heritage, closing 13 June
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
A new online resource that has already recorded nearly 350,000 historic place names in Wales and will capture their historical importance for generations to come has being launched by Economy Secretary, Ken Skates.
EoV delivered by the UK Delegation to UNESCO, regarding the Jerusalem resolution and the resolution concerning Educational And Cultural Institutions in the Occupied Arab Territories. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
To celebrate its year of heritage, history and archaeology Parks Scotland has launched their Heritage and History campaign to promote the diversity of Scotland’s parks and greenspaces highlighting projects that are working to develop park and greenspace heritage.
Two dry docks which are the oldest part of Belfast’s port may lose listed status as a result of a review by Northern Ireland’s heritage authorities, the Belfast Telegraph reports.
From ancient castles, monasteries, convents and towers to old farmhouses, schools and inns, 103 of Italy’s historic buildings are being given away for free with one requirement: all takers will need to commit to transforming the properties into tourist facilities … Continue reading
As part of its 50th Anniversary celebrations, the University of Dundee invited people to design and build a new iconic university building in a virtual version of Dundee.