Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC, heritage & infrastructure – challenges and opportunities – so let your colleagues & networks know: Manchester, 22, 23 & 24 June 24/05/2017
- IHBC responds to HE’s ‘Enabling Development and heritage Assets’ 24/05/2017
- IHBC welcomes ’Heritage Works’ 2017, a toolkit of best practice in heritage regeneration launched 24/05/2017
- IHBC CPD in focus and in Context: Conservation Area antecedents in America’s southern States 24/05/2017
- Court delivers landmark ruling strengthening hand of local planners 24/05/2017
- LGA’s ‘Ten point plan’ to boost local services: local government sets out key manifesto ‘asks’ 24/05/2017
- £45m Welsh Government funding to support national cultural heritage 24/05/2017
- Changes to the apprenticeship funding system in England 24/05/2017
- Building Conservation Project of the Year: RICS Awards, East of England 24/05/2017
- Green campaigner loses court battle on poetic landscape and Derry-Belfast upgrade 24/05/2017
- IHBC launches online registration for Recognised CPD providers: Sign up online, for free! 19/05/2017
- Be a ‘Friend’ to the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and use your network to join ours, absolutely free! (Limited Offer) 19/05/2017
- IHBC responds to White Paper on housing market 19/05/2017
- HESPR top Pick: Pembrokeshire seeks consultant to define and value cultural heritage, closing 13 June 19/05/2017
- Wales’ Economy Secretary launches UK’s first statutory list of historic place names 19/05/2017
- UNESCO: UK Explanation of Vote (EoV) concerning the Jerusalem and Culture resolutions 19/05/2017
- Celebrating Scotland’s ‘Year of Heritage etc’ in parks and greenspaces 19/05/2017
- Belfast dry docks may lose listed building status 19/05/2017
- Italy giving away dozens of historic buildings for free (with just one catch: tourism) 19/05/2017
- University of Dundee invites people to virtually design new building 19/05/2017
- IHBC welcomes Historic England support for 2017 Annual School: ‘Marking some 10 years of strategic support for accessible, sector-wide CPD’ 17/05/2017
- IHBC launches web page resource for our bespoke PI Insurance scheme 17/05/2017
- Changes in Wales’ EIA highlighted 17/05/2017
- London’s Skyline Campaign launches petition against change to Westminster’s tall buildings policy 17/05/2017
- Brick Awards 2017 now open: Closing 9 June 17/05/2017
Daily Archives: 19/05/2017
As part of the IHBC’s refinement of our support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and related learning opportunities for members and practitioners from all disciplines and backgrounds, we are launching a new online registration form for anyone seeking recognition by … Continue reading
Be a ‘Friend’ to the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and use your network to join ours, absolutely free! (Limited Offer)
Interested bodies can be a ‘Friend’ of the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School, hosted by our North West Branch, and have their logo and website link on our ‘Friends of the School’ page, by agreeing to promote the School’s profile across their freely … Continue reading
The consultation on England’s Housing White Paper – ‘Fixing our Broken Housing Market’ – has now closed and the IHBC has submitted its comments.
HESPR top Pick: Pembrokeshire seeks consultant to define and value cultural heritage, closing 13 June
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
A new online resource that has already recorded nearly 350,000 historic place names in Wales and will capture their historical importance for generations to come has being launched by Economy Secretary, Ken Skates.
EoV delivered by the UK Delegation to UNESCO, regarding the Jerusalem resolution and the resolution concerning Educational And Cultural Institutions in the Occupied Arab Territories. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
To celebrate its year of heritage, history and archaeology Parks Scotland has launched their Heritage and History campaign to promote the diversity of Scotland’s parks and greenspaces highlighting projects that are working to develop park and greenspace heritage.
Two dry docks which are the oldest part of Belfast’s port may lose listed status as a result of a review by Northern Ireland’s heritage authorities, the Belfast Telegraph reports.
From ancient castles, monasteries, convents and towers to old farmhouses, schools and inns, 103 of Italy’s historic buildings are being given away for free with one requirement: all takers will need to commit to transforming the properties into tourist facilities … Continue reading
As part of its 50th Anniversary celebrations, the University of Dundee invited people to design and build a new iconic university building in a virtual version of Dundee.