Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 19/05/2017
As part of the IHBC’s refinement of our support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and related learning opportunities for members and practitioners from all disciplines and backgrounds, we are launching a new online registration form for anyone seeking recognition by … Continue reading
Be a ‘Friend’ to the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and use your network to join ours, absolutely free! (Limited Offer)
Interested bodies can be a ‘Friend’ of the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School, hosted by our North West Branch, and have their logo and website link on our ‘Friends of the School’ page, by agreeing to promote the School’s profile across their freely … Continue reading
The consultation on England’s Housing White Paper – ‘Fixing our Broken Housing Market’ – has now closed and the IHBC has submitted its comments.
HESPR top Pick: Pembrokeshire seeks consultant to define and value cultural heritage, closing 13 June
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
A new online resource that has already recorded nearly 350,000 historic place names in Wales and will capture their historical importance for generations to come has being launched by Economy Secretary, Ken Skates.
EoV delivered by the UK Delegation to UNESCO, regarding the Jerusalem resolution and the resolution concerning Educational And Cultural Institutions in the Occupied Arab Territories. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
To celebrate its year of heritage, history and archaeology Parks Scotland has launched their Heritage and History campaign to promote the diversity of Scotland’s parks and greenspaces highlighting projects that are working to develop park and greenspace heritage.
Two dry docks which are the oldest part of Belfast’s port may lose listed status as a result of a review by Northern Ireland’s heritage authorities, the Belfast Telegraph reports.
From ancient castles, monasteries, convents and towers to old farmhouses, schools and inns, 103 of Italy’s historic buildings are being given away for free with one requirement: all takers will need to commit to transforming the properties into tourist facilities … Continue reading
As part of its 50th Anniversary celebrations, the University of Dundee invited people to design and build a new iconic university building in a virtual version of Dundee.