Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 17/05/2017
IHBC welcomes Historic England support for 2017 Annual School: ‘Marking some 10 years of strategic support for accessible, sector-wide CPD’
The IHBC is delighted to announce that Historic England has extended its decade-long support for the IHBC’s Annual School and the accessible, sector-wide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities it offers.
The IHBC has launched a dedicated web page advising on the suite of insurance products and services on offer to support the work of IHBC members, schemes developed in partnership with McParland Finn Ltd insurance brokers and tailored to meet … Continue reading
The Chief Planner for Wales, Neil Hemington, has written to all heads of planning in Wales about changes to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) regime due to come into force on 16 May.
The Skyline Campaign has launched a petition against proposed change to Westminster Council’s policy on tall buildings, arguing it would be the ‘kiss of death to conservation’, and describing the consultation questionnaire as ‘devious and dishonest’.
Nominations for the Brick Awards 2017 are now open, with 15 different categories celebrating brick in every aspect of design and construction, and with a closing date of 9 June.
Opinion: WHS status for Lake District? Not if it’s preserving a sheepwrecked monument to subsidised overgrazing and ecological destruction
George Monbiot, writing in the Guardian, argues that, with UNESCO deciding in the next few weeks about inscribing the Lake District as a World Heritage Site, this would lock the Lake district into its ‘current shocking state’, ensuring that ‘recovery … Continue reading
Discover Edinburgh in 101 extraordinary objects: Part of Scotland’s Year of History Heritage and Archaeology
A new visitor experience ‘Edinburgh 101’ is launched as part of a plan to connect as many people as possible from all backgrounds to the heritage of the city, as party of Scotland’s Year of History Heritage and Archaeology.
An outdoor privy at Brodsworth Hall, near Doncaster, South Yorkshire is being hailed as ‘one of the poshest in the country’ after being restored at a Victorian country house.