Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School opens: ‘Our Shared heritage’ – Join in, in person or via social media 21/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Labour bid to save Maida Vale Studios 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the platform’: BBC features St Pancras drinking fountain restoration 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy 21/06/2018
- HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July 21/06/2018
- Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July 21/06/2018
- Groundbreaking scheme places new generation of planners in local government 21/06/2018
- Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC) vacancies (4): Pro bono, closing 4 July 21/06/2018
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
Daily Archives: 10/05/2017
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly has written an opinion piece for the new RICS Building Conservation Journal on Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in which he observes that some of the best CPD comes from talking to people who have contrasting views … Continue reading
The IHBC will host a stand at the 70th Annual International Conference of The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH), from 7-11 June, at various locations around and beyond Glasgow, in this notable historic event, ‘the first time that SAH has … Continue reading
The Saturday tours visited different sites in and around Worcester – from the Jewellery Quarter and Dudley Castle to Malvern station and the King’s School, and in anticipation of our 2017 School on ‘Historic Transport Infrastructure’, you can remind or … Continue reading
The Canal and Rivers Trust is seeking groups to look after stretches of waterway across England and Wales.
THA ‘Brexit Briefing’ update: 10-Year European funding provided c.£280m for heritage linked agri-environment schemes etc.
The Heritage Alliance (THA), England’s link body for heritage organisations, has produced a ‘Brexit briefing’ which has been updated to highlight how in the past 10 years the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, including LEADER, has provided England with … Continue reading
Experts have been assessing the damage at Parnham House, a Grade I (GI) 16th Century listed stately home near Beaminster which was gutted in a suspicious fire on Easter Sunday, with the Dorset Echo reporting locally on progress.
The Royal Institute of British Architects’ (RIBA) monthly ‘Future Trends’ workload index gained strength in March 2017 – rising to +22 from +16 in February 2017.
Bath Preservation Trust has launched a new publication giving guidance to owners on how to make changes to Listed Buildings (LBs) in Bath.
Conservation has started to restore Hurst Castle in Hampshire that was used up until the Second World War.