Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 10/05/2017
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly has written an opinion piece for the new RICS Building Conservation Journal on Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in which he observes that some of the best CPD comes from talking to people who have contrasting views … Continue reading
The IHBC will host a stand at the 70th Annual International Conference of The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH), from 7-11 June, at various locations around and beyond Glasgow, in this notable historic event, ‘the first time that SAH has … Continue reading
The Saturday tours visited different sites in and around Worcester – from the Jewellery Quarter and Dudley Castle to Malvern station and the King’s School, and in anticipation of our 2017 School on ‘Historic Transport Infrastructure’, you can remind or … Continue reading
The Canal and Rivers Trust is seeking groups to look after stretches of waterway across England and Wales.
THA ‘Brexit Briefing’ update: 10-Year European funding provided c.£280m for heritage linked agri-environment schemes etc.
The Heritage Alliance (THA), England’s link body for heritage organisations, has produced a ‘Brexit briefing’ which has been updated to highlight how in the past 10 years the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, including LEADER, has provided England with … Continue reading
Experts have been assessing the damage at Parnham House, a Grade I (GI) 16th Century listed stately home near Beaminster which was gutted in a suspicious fire on Easter Sunday, with the Dorset Echo reporting locally on progress.
The Royal Institute of British Architects’ (RIBA) monthly ‘Future Trends’ workload index gained strength in March 2017 – rising to +22 from +16 in February 2017.
Bath Preservation Trust has launched a new publication giving guidance to owners on how to make changes to Listed Buildings (LBs) in Bath.
Conservation has started to restore Hurst Castle in Hampshire that was used up until the Second World War.