Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC update on MATE’s – Membership Application Training Events: Let Kate know if your Branch, network or business needs a MATE! 21/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes HE’s ‘Conservation Principles’ update consultation: Closing 2 February 2018 21/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes update of Scotland’s environment website 21/11/2017
- Icon launches next five-year strategy: 2017-21 21/11/2017
- £1Million restoration boost from Europe for Rothesay Pavilion 21/11/2017
- London’s landmark Admiralty Arch to become luxury Waldorf Astoria hotel 21/11/2017
- Radical plans unveiled to pedestrianise Oxford Street 21/11/2017
- ICOMOS shares Guidance Document on Post Trauma Recovery and Reconstruction for World Heritage Cultural Properties 21/11/2017
- Public sector risks in an era of austerity, from Zurich Municipal: ‘The danger is if councils lose their moral purpose.’ 21/11/2017
- Titanic Quarter developer in talks to join consortium behind £450m Ayrshire leisure and tourism complex at Loudoun Castle 21/11/2017
- New arrangements for National Amenity Society statutory consultations in England: IHBC’s ToolBox Guidance Note now out 17/11/2017
- IHBC Scotland Branch AGM follows SCT’s IHBC-supported Conference on ‘Conservation Areas’: 27 November, Glasgow 17/11/2017
- IHBC members: Can you help? ‘Bats in Churches’ survey closes 30 Nov 17/11/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£3.8M+ costed work: HE seeks research on ‘the Roman London Riverside Wall’, up to £9000, closing 30/11 17/11/2017
- IHBC Rural Panel offers CPD boost on ‘Vulnerability Brown’: The Gardens Trust on Capability Brown landscapes at risk 17/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes VAG bursaries for winter conference, closing 4 December: Theme ‘Vernacular survival’, 6-7 Jan, Leicester 17/11/2017
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) Special Notice: Hon Secretary Neil Baxter stands down 17/11/2017
- A piece of Leeds heritage – Temple Mill in Holbeck – for (from) £1? 17/11/2017
- Irresponsible development razes GII Tudno Castle Hotel, Llandudno 17/11/2017
- Derry/Londonderry historic core voted RTPI NI’s ‘Best Place’ 17/11/2017
- Pressure mounts on Plymouth council to sort crumbling Palace Theatre 17/11/2017
- Nuclear shelter vent turned into R2D2 from Star Wars 17/11/2017
- IHBC welcomes DD Architects to our HESPR register: ‘Companies large and small gain from special HESPR’s service support and benefits’ 15/11/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on ‘IPR’ from Design council: What is Intellectual Property? – An expert’s introduction 15/11/2017
- Liverpool takes back £7m parks deal from private firm 15/11/2017
Daily Archives: 10/05/2017
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly has written an opinion piece for the new RICS Building Conservation Journal on Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in which he observes that some of the best CPD comes from talking to people who have contrasting views … Continue reading
The IHBC will host a stand at the 70th Annual International Conference of The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH), from 7-11 June, at various locations around and beyond Glasgow, in this notable historic event, ‘the first time that SAH has … Continue reading
The Saturday tours visited different sites in and around Worcester – from the Jewellery Quarter and Dudley Castle to Malvern station and the King’s School, and in anticipation of our 2017 School on ‘Historic Transport Infrastructure’, you can remind or … Continue reading
The Canal and Rivers Trust is seeking groups to look after stretches of waterway across England and Wales.
THA ‘Brexit Briefing’ update: 10-Year European funding provided c.£280m for heritage linked agri-environment schemes etc.
The Heritage Alliance (THA), England’s link body for heritage organisations, has produced a ‘Brexit briefing’ which has been updated to highlight how in the past 10 years the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, including LEADER, has provided England with … Continue reading
Experts have been assessing the damage at Parnham House, a Grade I (GI) 16th Century listed stately home near Beaminster which was gutted in a suspicious fire on Easter Sunday, with the Dorset Echo reporting locally on progress.
The Royal Institute of British Architects’ (RIBA) monthly ‘Future Trends’ workload index gained strength in March 2017 – rising to +22 from +16 in February 2017.
Bath Preservation Trust has launched a new publication giving guidance to owners on how to make changes to Listed Buildings (LBs) in Bath.
Conservation has started to restore Hurst Castle in Hampshire that was used up until the Second World War.