Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’: Closing 23 October 19/09/2017
- Urgent reminder: IHBC late fees due! ‘Money is not the barrier’ to IHBC’s support for your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees…’ 19/09/2017
- IHBC-ALGAO-HE: LA conservation and archaeology stats 2017 now out – capacity drops again despite rise in work! 19/09/2017
- Scotland’s Lime specialist SLCT hosts HRH Prince Charles, celebrating 20,000th learner: Colin Rowan 19/09/2017
- Victorian Society marks 10 years of endangered buildings campaigning with new top 10 list 19/09/2017
- The UK’s first plot shop opens for self and custom build homes 19/09/2017
- Considerate Constructors Scheme achieves 100,000 milestone 19/09/2017
- Vic Soc on Bristol landmark threatened by student flats 19/09/2017
- DCMS Report: The role of culture, sport and heritage in place shaping 19/09/2017
- UK’s best preserved WW1 aerodrome secures National Lottery cash 19/09/2017
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
Daily Archives: 10/05/2017
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly has written an opinion piece for the new RICS Building Conservation Journal on Continuing Professional Development (CPD), in which he observes that some of the best CPD comes from talking to people who have contrasting views … Continue reading
The IHBC will host a stand at the 70th Annual International Conference of The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH), from 7-11 June, at various locations around and beyond Glasgow, in this notable historic event, ‘the first time that SAH has … Continue reading
The Saturday tours visited different sites in and around Worcester – from the Jewellery Quarter and Dudley Castle to Malvern station and the King’s School, and in anticipation of our 2017 School on ‘Historic Transport Infrastructure’, you can remind or … Continue reading
The Canal and Rivers Trust is seeking groups to look after stretches of waterway across England and Wales.
THA ‘Brexit Briefing’ update: 10-Year European funding provided c.£280m for heritage linked agri-environment schemes etc.
The Heritage Alliance (THA), England’s link body for heritage organisations, has produced a ‘Brexit briefing’ which has been updated to highlight how in the past 10 years the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, including LEADER, has provided England with … Continue reading
Experts have been assessing the damage at Parnham House, a Grade I (GI) 16th Century listed stately home near Beaminster which was gutted in a suspicious fire on Easter Sunday, with the Dorset Echo reporting locally on progress.
The Royal Institute of British Architects’ (RIBA) monthly ‘Future Trends’ workload index gained strength in March 2017 – rising to +22 from +16 in February 2017.
Bath Preservation Trust has launched a new publication giving guidance to owners on how to make changes to Listed Buildings (LBs) in Bath.
Conservation has started to restore Hurst Castle in Hampshire that was used up until the Second World War.