Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 03/05/2017
The IHBC stand at the Natural Stone Show in London offered delegates easy access to career and related practice advice from IHBC officers – Director Seán O’Reilly and Support Officer Carla Pianese – and on behalf of the Institute we … Continue reading
IHBC Gus Astley Student Award 2017 open for submissions: Showcase your course work by 31 July – winners at Belfast School in 2018
Hooray for Hastings! It’s our Pier Of The Year 2017 The newly reopened Hastings Pier has been voted Pier Of The Year 2017 by members of the National Piers Society (NPS), narrowly beating Worthing, which for the third year running … Continue reading
Civic Voice has announced the shortlist of 18 schemes for its Design Awards which includes a housing development in a World Heritage Site, creative re-use of a set of historic underground tunnels and a treetop walkway.
Historic England has objected to plans for a six-storey flat complex and restaurant in Poole’s historic Old Town.
The Environmental Audit Committee has criticised the Government for failing to set out a clear plan to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (or ‘Global Goals’) in the UK. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
English Heritage is planning to dig under York’s most iconic of locations, the 12th-century Clifford’s Tower, and build a visitor centre, but the fight to stop the works is to go to the high court.
Herefordshire Council’s cabinet has agreed to sell all of its county farms.
Opinion: The Apprenticeship Levy is an opportunity for businesses to improve – we shouldn’t waste it
The Apprenticeship Levy came into force on 6 April, and the Telegraph’s Steve Hill argues that we need to take full advantage of the UK Government’s initiative ‘to ensure larger organisations get serious about apprenticeship programmes’.