Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 03/05/2017
The IHBC stand at the Natural Stone Show in London offered delegates easy access to career and related practice advice from IHBC officers – Director Seán O’Reilly and Support Officer Carla Pianese – and on behalf of the Institute we … Continue reading
IHBC Gus Astley Student Award 2017 open for submissions: Showcase your course work by 31 July – winners at Belfast School in 2018
Hooray for Hastings! It’s our Pier Of The Year 2017 The newly reopened Hastings Pier has been voted Pier Of The Year 2017 by members of the National Piers Society (NPS), narrowly beating Worthing, which for the third year running … Continue reading
Civic Voice has announced the shortlist of 18 schemes for its Design Awards which includes a housing development in a World Heritage Site, creative re-use of a set of historic underground tunnels and a treetop walkway.
Historic England has objected to plans for a six-storey flat complex and restaurant in Poole’s historic Old Town.
The Environmental Audit Committee has criticised the Government for failing to set out a clear plan to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (or ‘Global Goals’) in the UK. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
English Heritage is planning to dig under York’s most iconic of locations, the 12th-century Clifford’s Tower, and build a visitor centre, but the fight to stop the works is to go to the high court.
Herefordshire Council’s cabinet has agreed to sell all of its county farms.
Opinion: The Apprenticeship Levy is an opportunity for businesses to improve – we shouldn’t waste it
The Apprenticeship Levy came into force on 6 April, and the Telegraph’s Steve Hill argues that we need to take full advantage of the UK Government’s initiative ‘to ensure larger organisations get serious about apprenticeship programmes’.