Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’: Closing 23 October 19/09/2017
- Urgent reminder: IHBC late fees due! ‘Money is not the barrier’ to IHBC’s support for your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees…’ 19/09/2017
- IHBC-ALGAO-HE: LA conservation and archaeology stats 2017 now out – capacity drops again despite rise in work! 19/09/2017
- Scotland’s Lime specialist SLCT hosts HRH Prince Charles, celebrating 20,000th learner: Colin Rowan 19/09/2017
- Victorian Society marks 10 years of endangered buildings campaigning with new top 10 list 19/09/2017
- The UK’s first plot shop opens for self and custom build homes 19/09/2017
- Considerate Constructors Scheme achieves 100,000 milestone 19/09/2017
- Vic Soc on Bristol landmark threatened by student flats 19/09/2017
- DCMS Report: The role of culture, sport and heritage in place shaping 19/09/2017
- UK’s best preserved WW1 aerodrome secures National Lottery cash 19/09/2017
- IHBC on Project Management at Bishop Auckland, 18/19 Oct: CIOB President (and newly accredited Full IHBC member) helps spread the word! 16/09/2017
- IHBC and COTAC jointly welcome BIM4Heritage’s launch conference 16/09/2017
- HESPR’s weekly tenders @ £2.3Million+ of costed work: Top picks – Stock condition survey @£70-100k, and C&MPs for Brighton Royal Pavilion Garden 16/09/2017
- IHBC CPD in depth and in Context: ‘Reconciling conservation and sustainable development’ 16/09/2017
- ARB pre-consultation survey: Exploring ‘appropriate qualifications and training’ for architects – closes midnight, 2 October 16/09/2017
- Parliamentary update: Culture, Media & Sport Committee – membership confirmed 16/09/2017
- An Inspector concludes… ‘Townhouse restoration outweighs loss of housing despite marginal supply’ 16/09/2017
- Grenfell Tower fire: Inquiry ‘can and will provide answers’ 16/09/2017
- 60 years on: Planning inspectorate rules that Somerset lane is not a right of way 16/09/2017
- Spot the Bull: Time-lapse video shows revamp of Bracknell town centre 16/09/2017
- ‘What is a marketing exercise for ‘BAR’ and ‘HAR’? IHBC answers in our new ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Marketing of heritage assets’ 12/09/2017
- Answers to car parking in conservation areas: ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ in IHBC’s Context 150 12/09/2017
- DBW selection from Open House London 2017 festival: 16/17 September 12/09/2017
- Do you know anyone who deserves a national honour? If so, DCMS wants to hear from you! 12/09/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017: Open till 30 Sept 12/09/2017
Daily Archives: 03/05/2017
The IHBC stand at the Natural Stone Show in London offered delegates easy access to career and related practice advice from IHBC officers – Director Seán O’Reilly and Support Officer Carla Pianese – and on behalf of the Institute we … Continue reading
IHBC Gus Astley Student Award 2017 open for submissions: Showcase your course work by 31 July – winners at Belfast School in 2018
Hooray for Hastings! It’s our Pier Of The Year 2017 The newly reopened Hastings Pier has been voted Pier Of The Year 2017 by members of the National Piers Society (NPS), narrowly beating Worthing, which for the third year running … Continue reading
Civic Voice has announced the shortlist of 18 schemes for its Design Awards which includes a housing development in a World Heritage Site, creative re-use of a set of historic underground tunnels and a treetop walkway.
Historic England has objected to plans for a six-storey flat complex and restaurant in Poole’s historic Old Town.
The Environmental Audit Committee has criticised the Government for failing to set out a clear plan to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (or ‘Global Goals’) in the UK. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
English Heritage is planning to dig under York’s most iconic of locations, the 12th-century Clifford’s Tower, and build a visitor centre, but the fight to stop the works is to go to the high court.
Herefordshire Council’s cabinet has agreed to sell all of its county farms.
Opinion: The Apprenticeship Levy is an opportunity for businesses to improve – we shouldn’t waste it
The Apprenticeship Levy came into force on 6 April, and the Telegraph’s Steve Hill argues that we need to take full advantage of the UK Government’s initiative ‘to ensure larger organisations get serious about apprenticeship programmes’.