Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost, in Context, on ‘Lime and stone’: Reopening historic quarries to repair Exeter Cathedral 10/08/2018
- Scotland’s Planning Bill changes: A ‘point of no return’ for Scotland’s heritage says NTS 10/08/2018
- THA’s New Chair from December: Peter Ainsworth, currently Chair of Big Lottery Fund 10/08/2018
- ‘Subcontracting Growth Report’ – Now published 10/08/2018
- British Council: Cultural Protection Fund closing round grants (up to £300k): Expressions of Interest deadline – 24/08 10/08/2018
- Independent review of planning appeal inquiries: call for evidence, closing 18 September 10/08/2018
- IHBC NewsBlog Branches Update: Branch & partner CPD & more, across the UK 07/08/2018
- IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK 07/08/2018
- IHBC welcome new HES INFORM series guide: Thatched Roofs 07/08/2018
- IHBC CPD boost AND checkup: Critical learning from DBW on ‘Rights to light’ 07/08/2018
- RTPI: Proposal for post-Brexit environmental watchdog fundamentally flawed 07/08/2018
- Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development 07/08/2018
Daily Archives: 31/03/2017
As final arrangements are being put in place for the IHBC’s 2017 School, ‘Transport Infrastructure’, in Manchester 22-24 June, we are delighted both to welcome our current sponsors and highlight the final opportunities for heritage bodies to add your name to … Continue reading
IHBC Director helps open CIOB/NT conference: ‘Successful Operation of Historic Building’, London, 3 May
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly has been invited to deliver an opening speech at the joint CIOB/National Trust conference ‘Keys to the Successful Operation of Historic Buildings’ on 3 May 2017 in Somerset House, London.
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’ of the week: Blackpool Council seeks structural engineer for Tower refurb, valued up to £200k, closing 27/04
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC members are encouraged to submit a nomination for the honours list by April 14 so that the outstanding efforts of those working in the heritage sector are acknowledged and celebrated.
Simon Skinner, chief executive of the National Trust for Scotland (NTS) – Scotland’s biggest conservation charity – has said he believes it is almost inevitable that it will merge with the newly created heritage charity and public body Historic Environment … Continue reading
Historic England says its new Heritage Action Zones (HAZs) initiative should ‘unleash the power in England’s historic environment to create economic growth and improve quality of life in villages, towns and cities’ as it announces the first ten places to … Continue reading
The BBC currently features Will Self as he walks the London green belt in search of the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act (T&CPA), which he argues tried to end the post war British conflict between field and city.
The BBC reports that Gas street lamps originally invented to burn off dangerous sewer gas are being restored in Sheffield.
A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to help save a former settlement chapel hidden away in London’s East End, in Bethnal Green, for more than 130 years.