Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 31/03/2017
As final arrangements are being put in place for the IHBC’s 2017 School, ‘Transport Infrastructure’, in Manchester 22-24 June, we are delighted both to welcome our current sponsors and highlight the final opportunities for heritage bodies to add your name to … Continue reading
IHBC Director helps open CIOB/NT conference: ‘Successful Operation of Historic Building’, London, 3 May
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly has been invited to deliver an opening speech at the joint CIOB/National Trust conference ‘Keys to the Successful Operation of Historic Buildings’ on 3 May 2017 in Somerset House, London.
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’ of the week: Blackpool Council seeks structural engineer for Tower refurb, valued up to £200k, closing 27/04
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC members are encouraged to submit a nomination for the honours list by April 14 so that the outstanding efforts of those working in the heritage sector are acknowledged and celebrated.
Simon Skinner, chief executive of the National Trust for Scotland (NTS) – Scotland’s biggest conservation charity – has said he believes it is almost inevitable that it will merge with the newly created heritage charity and public body Historic Environment … Continue reading
Historic England says its new Heritage Action Zones (HAZs) initiative should ‘unleash the power in England’s historic environment to create economic growth and improve quality of life in villages, towns and cities’ as it announces the first ten places to … Continue reading
The BBC currently features Will Self as he walks the London green belt in search of the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act (T&CPA), which he argues tried to end the post war British conflict between field and city.
The BBC reports that Gas street lamps originally invented to burn off dangerous sewer gas are being restored in Sheffield.
A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to help save a former settlement chapel hidden away in London’s East End, in Bethnal Green, for more than 130 years.