Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Jobs for all at ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: A new weekly work update on more than £50K of salaries, from church support to conservation officer! 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Stroud TC’s developing NDP heritage list – Victorian postbox, old tomb and several historic buildings…. 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Mocha Parade, Manchester – ‘neglected shopping precinct that time forgot’ to face bulldozer 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘stadium’ step’: Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville’s £200m Manchester plan opposed 20/02/2018
- HES new Guidance Note on ‘Windows’ 20/02/2018
- Heritage audience insights update: Review of HE’s online advice and guidance 20/02/2018
- AHRC and EPSRC to fund 32 projects leading on future immersive experiences 20/02/2018
- CMS Committee on ‘Impact of Brexit’ on the creative, tourism and digital industries 20/02/2018
- THA survey on how heritage supports health 20/02/2018
- The Golf Ball: Next blip on London’s skyline? 20/02/2018
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
Daily Archives: 31/03/2017
As final arrangements are being put in place for the IHBC’s 2017 School, ‘Transport Infrastructure’, in Manchester 22-24 June, we are delighted both to welcome our current sponsors and highlight the final opportunities for heritage bodies to add your name to … Continue reading
IHBC Director helps open CIOB/NT conference: ‘Successful Operation of Historic Building’, London, 3 May
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly has been invited to deliver an opening speech at the joint CIOB/National Trust conference ‘Keys to the Successful Operation of Historic Buildings’ on 3 May 2017 in Somerset House, London.
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’ of the week: Blackpool Council seeks structural engineer for Tower refurb, valued up to £200k, closing 27/04
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this … Continue reading
IHBC members are encouraged to submit a nomination for the honours list by April 14 so that the outstanding efforts of those working in the heritage sector are acknowledged and celebrated.
Simon Skinner, chief executive of the National Trust for Scotland (NTS) – Scotland’s biggest conservation charity – has said he believes it is almost inevitable that it will merge with the newly created heritage charity and public body Historic Environment … Continue reading
Historic England says its new Heritage Action Zones (HAZs) initiative should ‘unleash the power in England’s historic environment to create economic growth and improve quality of life in villages, towns and cities’ as it announces the first ten places to … Continue reading
The BBC currently features Will Self as he walks the London green belt in search of the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act (T&CPA), which he argues tried to end the post war British conflict between field and city.
The BBC reports that Gas street lamps originally invented to burn off dangerous sewer gas are being restored in Sheffield.
A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to help save a former settlement chapel hidden away in London’s East End, in Bethnal Green, for more than 130 years.