Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 29/03/2017
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees!
This is your last chance to celebrate a successful heritage learner that you know, with the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers!
IHBC Branches can celebrate volunteering retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March, with £500 and a Full School place for the winner!
New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours?
IHBC trustee John Edwards has posted his RICS Conservation Journal article on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’ on the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – part of the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform – extending access to his concise summary of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
The RTPI Awards for Research Excellence recognise and promote high quality, impactful spatial planning research from RTPI accredited planning schools, and planning consultancies, in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and internationally, with entries to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) officially launched their ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for Built Environment Professionals on creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
The Telegraph reports that one of the country’s oldest Collyweston mines has re-opened and its distinctive limestone tiles will soon adorn one of the roofs at King’s College, Cambridge.
ICOMOS-UK goes to the very crux of the matter by explicitly rejecting the claim by Historic England, English Heritage and The National Trust that the “benefits” of a short tunnel would justify the new damage.
Planning permission to knock down the disused church of St. Andrew’s, Bexhill has been refused for a third time.
The statue of Pocahontas at the Church of St George in Gravesend has had its listed status updated to commemorate 400 years since her death.