Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Context out: ‘Isle of Man’ themed in a 64 page ‘bumper’ issue with lots more for your CPD 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s NEW 2018 School CPD special offer, with Yale University Press: Pevsner Architectural Guides to Ulster – £15 off the pair, free post.. and more! 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 School bursaries still available: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the 2018 Belfast School on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£30K+ of costed work this week: Burnley BC seeks specialist for TH programme, closing 27/04, £20-30,000 contract 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Historic England’s ‘Heritage Planning Case Database’ 20/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Kooky’ development backed by heritage groups but fears over tower height 20/04/2018
- ‘The Old House Show’: The SPAB’s ‘first ever grand exhibition’: Greenwich – 7-8 September, includes free CPD 20/04/2018
- Design Council and Social Change UK launch ‘Healthy Placemaking’ report: How do we create places that deliver healthier lives? 20/04/2018
- New plan unveiled for Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage Site 20/04/2018
- Wales publishes report on recent inquiry into the historic environment 20/04/2018
- HE tweets and responds on picture of Nelson’s Column being bulldozed 20/04/2018
- IHBC Marsh Awards winners for 2018: Rewards & more at the IHBC’s 2018 School – Belfast 21-23 June 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s Chair on Coventry’s conservation controversy featured by Designing Buildings Wiki 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hundreds of locals attend events on the future of Rosefield Mills, Dumfries 17/04/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Utterly absurd’ plans to replace wooden cabinets at Oxford University Museum of Natural History 17/04/2018
- Wales Committee’s report on inquiry into the Historic Environment published 17/04/2018
- Save calls for new entries – Buildings at Risk 2018-19 17/04/2018
- Could you be Chair of The Heritage Alliance? Closing 18 May 17/04/2018
- European Scrutiny committee seeks clarity on VAT after Brexit 17/04/2018
- EYCH 2018 update- May chimney month 17/04/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation & design, DAC support and project management, to designation in Scotland! 13/04/2018
- IHBC meets Wikipedia (again): New entry posted by IHBC Chair 13/04/2018
- Reminder: ‘Early Bird’ rates end next Friday – 20th April 13/04/2018
- Boost your IHBC accreditation submission (& CPD) with our free application support MATE sessions: Nottingham (25/04), Belfast (31/05), Glasgow (7/06) 13/04/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£140K+ of costed work this week: Project management Wordsworth Trust, closing 30/04, £40,000 contract 13/04/2018
Daily Archives: 29/03/2017
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees!
This is your last chance to celebrate a successful heritage learner that you know, with the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers!
IHBC Branches can celebrate volunteering retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March, with £500 and a Full School place for the winner!
New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours?
IHBC trustee John Edwards has posted his RICS Conservation Journal article on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’ on the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – part of the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform – extending access to his concise summary of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
The RTPI Awards for Research Excellence recognise and promote high quality, impactful spatial planning research from RTPI accredited planning schools, and planning consultancies, in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and internationally, with entries to be sent electronically to email@example.com … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) officially launched their ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for Built Environment Professionals on creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
The Telegraph reports that one of the country’s oldest Collyweston mines has re-opened and its distinctive limestone tiles will soon adorn one of the roofs at King’s College, Cambridge.
ICOMOS-UK goes to the very crux of the matter by explicitly rejecting the claim by Historic England, English Heritage and The National Trust that the “benefits” of a short tunnel would justify the new damage.
Planning permission to knock down the disused church of St. Andrew’s, Bexhill has been refused for a third time.
The statue of Pocahontas at the Church of St George in Gravesend has had its listed status updated to commemorate 400 years since her death.