Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 29/03/2017
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees!
This is your last chance to celebrate a successful heritage learner that you know, with the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers!
IHBC Branches can celebrate volunteering retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March, with £500 and a Full School place for the winner!
New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours?
IHBC trustee John Edwards has posted his RICS Conservation Journal article on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’ on the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – part of the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform – extending access to his concise summary of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
The RTPI Awards for Research Excellence recognise and promote high quality, impactful spatial planning research from RTPI accredited planning schools, and planning consultancies, in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and internationally, with entries to be sent electronically to email@example.com … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) officially launched their ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for Built Environment Professionals on creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
The Telegraph reports that one of the country’s oldest Collyweston mines has re-opened and its distinctive limestone tiles will soon adorn one of the roofs at King’s College, Cambridge.
ICOMOS-UK goes to the very crux of the matter by explicitly rejecting the claim by Historic England, English Heritage and The National Trust that the “benefits” of a short tunnel would justify the new damage.
Planning permission to knock down the disused church of St. Andrew’s, Bexhill has been refused for a third time.
The statue of Pocahontas at the Church of St George in Gravesend has had its listed status updated to commemorate 400 years since her death.