Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School 2018, Belfast 21-3 June: Day School lead speakers web page launched 16/02/2018
- New IHBC Toolbox Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc service: LA conservation jobs update for 2017! 16/02/2018
- REMINDER IHBC members with free CPD benefits: Last chances for the LPOC Listed Property Show – 25-5 Feb, London 16/02/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£1M of costed work this week: Craven DC seeks research on its ‘Great Place’ project, value £50-60K, closing 09/03 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (local government) doorstep: Partnership’s ‘impressive payback’ for Derby’s conservation areas 16/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘tekkie’ CPD boost: Blockchain technology transformation in the built environment 16/02/2018
- Cadw reminder: Heritage Impact Statements now needed 16/02/2018
- Gender balanced public boards for Scotland as Bill on representation passes final stage 16/02/2018
- BEFS’ Planning (Scotland) Bill – response & overview update 16/02/2018
- Allchurches Trust dispersed £15M grants 2017 16/02/2018
- Jodrell Bank nominated as UNESCO world heritage site 16/02/2018
- Janet Street-Porter’s ‘extroverted’ postmodern home listed 16/02/2018
- Jobs for all @ ‘IHBC Jobs etc’: Your new weekly update on employment opportunities totalling more than £150K of annual income! 13/02/2018
- REMINDER: FREE CPD for IHBC Members at LPOC Property Show! 13/02/2018
- IHBC member benefits abound as ‘Building Conservation Directory’ 2018 arrives: From WHS development to masonry bridges and more 13/02/2018
- IHBC CPD check: On ‘Building Design’, at DBW – and maybe make your own contributions on heritage issues too! 13/02/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Glasgow landmark saved in citywide regeneration project 13/02/2018
- SPIC launches briefing paper on the Planning (Scotland) Bill – How the Scottish planning system currently operates 13/02/2018
- MHCLG: Revised NPPF for England due before Easter 13/02/2018
- Not over yet: Victorian Society appeals against Bath Abbey judgement 13/02/2018
- Theatres Trust announces Theatres at Risk Register for 2018 13/02/2018
- Applications for VAG Spring Conference bursary now open: Bangor, 3-7 April – closes 3 March 13/02/2018
- IHBC promotes HESPR members direct: Coming soon – free promotional literature on IHBC stands! 09/02/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch responds to Planning (Scotland) Bill… Memorandum 09/02/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC Marsh Award for Retired Members – open until 28 Feb! 09/02/2018
Daily Archives: 29/03/2017
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees!
This is your last chance to celebrate a successful heritage learner that you know, with the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers!
IHBC Branches can celebrate volunteering retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March, with £500 and a Full School place for the winner!
New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours?
IHBC trustee John Edwards has posted his RICS Conservation Journal article on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’ on the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – part of the Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) web platform – extending access to his concise summary of … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
The RTPI Awards for Research Excellence recognise and promote high quality, impactful spatial planning research from RTPI accredited planning schools, and planning consultancies, in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and internationally, with entries to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) officially launched their ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for Built Environment Professionals on creating an accessible and inclusive environment.
The Telegraph reports that one of the country’s oldest Collyweston mines has re-opened and its distinctive limestone tiles will soon adorn one of the roofs at King’s College, Cambridge.
ICOMOS-UK goes to the very crux of the matter by explicitly rejecting the claim by Historic England, English Heritage and The National Trust that the “benefits” of a short tunnel would justify the new damage.
Planning permission to knock down the disused church of St. Andrew’s, Bexhill has been refused for a third time.
The statue of Pocahontas at the Church of St George in Gravesend has had its listed status updated to commemorate 400 years since her death.