Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 17/03/2017
The IHBC’s new Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of successful learning in heritage activities, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
IHBC Course Connection Day 2016 – Videos offer first hand insights to students’ diverse philosophies
The IHBC’s ‘Conservation Course Connection Day’ (CCCD) is the institute’s main annual event supporting conservation students, and recently posted videos of the most recent day, in Birmingham in November 2016, demonstrated a healthy diversity of conservation perspectives among early career … Continue reading
IHBC East Anglia offers no-frills CPD on ‘Traditional Repairs’ Day! 16 May – Orchard Barn restoration project
The IHBC’s East Anglia Branch has organised a one-day workshop ‘traditional repairs’ – with talks and hands-on experience of lime plaster, wattle and daub, clay lump and timber frame repair –on 16 May at Orchard Barn, Suffolk.
The 2016 Annual School’s Thursday tours visited different sites in Worcester and considered how conservation and heritage can been seen in the city today, so you were there or not, you can reflect on the experience through write-ups in Context, … Continue reading
The Welsh Government’s historic environment service, Cadw, has stepped in to undertake emergency stabilisation works at Ruthin Castle, before large parts of this significant historic site are lost. Ruthin Castle Conservation Trust website
It has been confirmed that Scotland’s themed Years’ tourism programme will continue beyond 2018, with built and cultural heritage continuing as a central feature.
A mix of nine small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and local planning authorities from across the UK have been selected by Future Cities Catapult to receive £200,000 to transform outdated planning systems.
The Treasury select committee has queried the cost of building work and is investigating if a temporary shutdown can be avoided. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The BBC reports that the listed Ormeau Baths building in Belfast is to become a co-working space for freelancers and small businesses.