Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 17/03/2017
The IHBC’s new Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of successful learning in heritage activities, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
IHBC Course Connection Day 2016 – Videos offer first hand insights to students’ diverse philosophies
The IHBC’s ‘Conservation Course Connection Day’ (CCCD) is the institute’s main annual event supporting conservation students, and recently posted videos of the most recent day, in Birmingham in November 2016, demonstrated a healthy diversity of conservation perspectives among early career … Continue reading
IHBC East Anglia offers no-frills CPD on ‘Traditional Repairs’ Day! 16 May – Orchard Barn restoration project
The IHBC’s East Anglia Branch has organised a one-day workshop ‘traditional repairs’ – with talks and hands-on experience of lime plaster, wattle and daub, clay lump and timber frame repair –on 16 May at Orchard Barn, Suffolk.
The 2016 Annual School’s Thursday tours visited different sites in Worcester and considered how conservation and heritage can been seen in the city today, so you were there or not, you can reflect on the experience through write-ups in Context, … Continue reading
The Welsh Government’s historic environment service, Cadw, has stepped in to undertake emergency stabilisation works at Ruthin Castle, before large parts of this significant historic site are lost. Ruthin Castle Conservation Trust website
It has been confirmed that Scotland’s themed Years’ tourism programme will continue beyond 2018, with built and cultural heritage continuing as a central feature.
A mix of nine small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and local planning authorities from across the UK have been selected by Future Cities Catapult to receive £200,000 to transform outdated planning systems.
The Treasury select committee has queried the cost of building work and is investigating if a temporary shutdown can be avoided. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The BBC reports that the listed Ormeau Baths building in Belfast is to become a co-working space for freelancers and small businesses.