Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC makes history again: New joint conservation practice statement – ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ launched at 2017 School and AGM 24/06/2017
- IHBC AGM 2017: Cultivating new officers while delivering on our ambitions 24/06/2017
- IHBC 2018 School announced: Belfast, June 21-23, 2018 – ‘Our shared heritage’ 24/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: Consultant to evaluate impact of Historic England’s work, valued £30-40k, closing 10 July 24/06/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Reflections on the Power of Place – Locality-led partnering on place-based working in Sheffield 24/06/2017
- HE reopens applications for Heritage Action Zones (HAZ)- improve economic growth and quality of life in your local places 24/06/2017
- Scotland’s ‘What’s Your Heritage?’ campaign results out as Scots share thoughts on what heritage means to them 24/06/2017
- Rural Network Wales’ Sustainable Management Scheme Application to open 10 July 24/06/2017
- Girdwood Community Hub takes top honours at Northern Ireland RICS Awards 24/06/2017
- IHBC President’s planning perspectives: RIBA’s ‘Design Companion for Planning and Placemaking’ 21/06/2017
- IHBC Members with benefits: £10 off RTPI NE on ‘Heritage Matters’, in Newcastle, 5 July 21/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Innovate UK seeks applications for £5m for innovation in ‘infrastructure systems for a better world’ 21/06/2017
- Conservative areas ‘difficult’ to get planning permission in, warn developers 21/06/2017
- Nominations open for third Scottish ‘Heritage Angels’ Awards 2017 21/06/2017
- Findings from Lichfields’ latest research into rural tourism 21/06/2017
- NT scoops ‘Special Recognition Award’ for excellence at the Museums + Heritage Awards 21/06/2017
- Campaigners win right to appeal Lancashire fracking decision 21/06/2017
- Grosvenor unveils £500m plans for 12 acres in Bermondsey 21/06/2017
- Titanic Belfast and Odyssey expansion plans 21/06/2017
- IHBC superlatives: Last chance AND once in a lifetime CPD – Heritage values and opportunities in transport infrastructure, Manchester 22/23/24 June 16/06/2017
- IHBC welcomes England’s ‘Civic Day’, a national celebration of civic pride, June 17, from Civic Voice 16/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick: Monmouthshire CC- Abergavenny Castle, ‘Sympathetic’ traditional timber-framed events structure, closing 17 July 16/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Winston Churchill Memorial Trust 2017 Travelling Fellowship – closing 19 Sept 16/06/2017
- BEFS highlights data resources on Europe & seeks thoughts BREXIT priorities by 20 June… 16/06/2017
- SAVE’s ‘Up My Street’ – Buildings at Risk Catalogue 2017-18: Launches 28 June 16/06/2017
Daily Archives: 17/03/2017
The IHBC’s new Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of successful learning in heritage activities, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
IHBC Course Connection Day 2016 – Videos offer first hand insights to students’ diverse philosophies
The IHBC’s ‘Conservation Course Connection Day’ (CCCD) is the institute’s main annual event supporting conservation students, and recently posted videos of the most recent day, in Birmingham in November 2016, demonstrated a healthy diversity of conservation perspectives among early career … Continue reading
IHBC East Anglia offers no-frills CPD on ‘Traditional Repairs’ Day! 16 May – Orchard Barn restoration project
The IHBC’s East Anglia Branch has organised a one-day workshop ‘traditional repairs’ – with talks and hands-on experience of lime plaster, wattle and daub, clay lump and timber frame repair –on 16 May at Orchard Barn, Suffolk.
The 2016 Annual School’s Thursday tours visited different sites in Worcester and considered how conservation and heritage can been seen in the city today, so you were there or not, you can reflect on the experience through write-ups in Context, … Continue reading
The Welsh Government’s historic environment service, Cadw, has stepped in to undertake emergency stabilisation works at Ruthin Castle, before large parts of this significant historic site are lost. Ruthin Castle Conservation Trust website
It has been confirmed that Scotland’s themed Years’ tourism programme will continue beyond 2018, with built and cultural heritage continuing as a central feature.
A mix of nine small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and local planning authorities from across the UK have been selected by Future Cities Catapult to receive £200,000 to transform outdated planning systems.
The Treasury select committee has queried the cost of building work and is investigating if a temporary shutdown can be avoided. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The BBC reports that the listed Ormeau Baths building in Belfast is to become a co-working space for freelancers and small businesses.