Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 17/03/2017
The IHBC’s new Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of successful learning in heritage activities, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
IHBC Course Connection Day 2016 – Videos offer first hand insights to students’ diverse philosophies
The IHBC’s ‘Conservation Course Connection Day’ (CCCD) is the institute’s main annual event supporting conservation students, and recently posted videos of the most recent day, in Birmingham in November 2016, demonstrated a healthy diversity of conservation perspectives among early career … Continue reading
IHBC East Anglia offers no-frills CPD on ‘Traditional Repairs’ Day! 16 May – Orchard Barn restoration project
The IHBC’s East Anglia Branch has organised a one-day workshop ‘traditional repairs’ – with talks and hands-on experience of lime plaster, wattle and daub, clay lump and timber frame repair –on 16 May at Orchard Barn, Suffolk.
The 2016 Annual School’s Thursday tours visited different sites in Worcester and considered how conservation and heritage can been seen in the city today, so you were there or not, you can reflect on the experience through write-ups in Context, … Continue reading
The Welsh Government’s historic environment service, Cadw, has stepped in to undertake emergency stabilisation works at Ruthin Castle, before large parts of this significant historic site are lost. Ruthin Castle Conservation Trust website
It has been confirmed that Scotland’s themed Years’ tourism programme will continue beyond 2018, with built and cultural heritage continuing as a central feature.
A mix of nine small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and local planning authorities from across the UK have been selected by Future Cities Catapult to receive £200,000 to transform outdated planning systems.
The Treasury select committee has queried the cost of building work and is investigating if a temporary shutdown can be avoided. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The BBC reports that the listed Ormeau Baths building in Belfast is to become a co-working space for freelancers and small businesses.