Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- More IHBC members (and School delegates) with benefits: 2018 School Friend UAH offers 25% off select CPD-linked publications – NB: Collect at UAH only or P&P extra 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? Don’t forget – Money is not the barrier as bursaries are still available! 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School – or going along? Either way, get your CPD boosts using our Day School ‘Speakers’ webpage 23/05/2018
- IHBC Annual School’s ‘Sharing’ theme shared with Ireland’s national heritage week of ‘stories’ – 18 to Sunday, 26 August, 2018 23/05/2018
- IHBC welcomes National Parks UK celebrat?ion of historic environments on ‘European Day of Parks’: 24 May 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Former mayor opposes demolition of Bath College’s Allen Building 23/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Neighbours bring life back into Scotland’s redundant churches, say BEFS and others 23/05/2018
- Council of Europe adopts revised directive on ‘Energy efficient buildings’ 23/05/2018
- Government consultation response to ‘Improving the use of planning conditions’ now out 23/05/2018
- UK residents can help ‘destress’ cities by mapping quiet spots 23/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 1: Day School programme details now posted – 22 June, QUB, Belfast, including 2018 AGM 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC 2018 School? Prelude 2, as Bill Drummond outlines his take on ‘THE CURFEW TOWER: STAY HERE – MAKE ART… AND SHARE HERITAGE’ 19/05/2018
- Missing the IHBC’s 2018 School? … ‘Not’ a 2018 IHBC School prelude, but keynote Jukka Jokilehto outlines the origins of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines 19/05/2018
- IHBC responds to NPPF consultation: Calls time on insubstantial distinctions in levels of ‘substantial harm’, seeks new settings policies, and more…. 19/05/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Nottingham CC seeks Conservation accredited architect to support Peoples Hall development, closing 23/05 19/05/2018
- IHBC CPD boost in Context: An ‘Island of architecture’ and its independent heritage trusts 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Centuries-old worker’s graffiti uncovered in renovations at Wentworth Woodhouse 19/05/2018
- Interim Raynsford Review report now out: Final consultation on 9 ‘propositions’ continues to 29 June 19/05/2018
- Cupar CARS/THI contractor bursaries for traditional building skills training: To £500 19/05/2018
- AHRC highlights Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: Education in Conflict and Protracted Crises – closing 24 May 19/05/2018
- IHBC’s Council+ first ‘Taster’ feedback: Early career members bring fresh perspectives to forward planning as ‘reverse mentoring’ guides your professional body! 15/05/2018
- Updates from IHBC and Civic Voice from Civic Societies APPG on England’s Conservation Areas at Risk & new research 15/05/2018
- IHBC’s Heritage from the doorstep: 4×4 threat to England’s largest scheduled monument – Cockfield Fell 15/05/2018
- BEFS’ update on campaign to improve property maintenance and repair in Scotland 15/05/2018
- BREEAM Wiki joins IHBC on DBW: Advancing knowledge sharing and collaborative solutions… for BRE sustainability tools 15/05/2018
Daily Archives: 17/03/2017
The IHBC’s new Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of successful learning in heritage activities, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
IHBC Course Connection Day 2016 – Videos offer first hand insights to students’ diverse philosophies
The IHBC’s ‘Conservation Course Connection Day’ (CCCD) is the institute’s main annual event supporting conservation students, and recently posted videos of the most recent day, in Birmingham in November 2016, demonstrated a healthy diversity of conservation perspectives among early career … Continue reading
IHBC East Anglia offers no-frills CPD on ‘Traditional Repairs’ Day! 16 May – Orchard Barn restoration project
The IHBC’s East Anglia Branch has organised a one-day workshop ‘traditional repairs’ – with talks and hands-on experience of lime plaster, wattle and daub, clay lump and timber frame repair –on 16 May at Orchard Barn, Suffolk.
The 2016 Annual School’s Thursday tours visited different sites in Worcester and considered how conservation and heritage can been seen in the city today, so you were there or not, you can reflect on the experience through write-ups in Context, … Continue reading
The Welsh Government’s historic environment service, Cadw, has stepped in to undertake emergency stabilisation works at Ruthin Castle, before large parts of this significant historic site are lost. Ruthin Castle Conservation Trust website
It has been confirmed that Scotland’s themed Years’ tourism programme will continue beyond 2018, with built and cultural heritage continuing as a central feature.
A mix of nine small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and local planning authorities from across the UK have been selected by Future Cities Catapult to receive £200,000 to transform outdated planning systems.
The Treasury select committee has queried the cost of building work and is investigating if a temporary shutdown can be avoided. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The BBC reports that the listed Ormeau Baths building in Belfast is to become a co-working space for freelancers and small businesses.