Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the (amenity) doorstep’: C20 Soc & more object to temporary Royal Festival Hall rooftop restaurant 18/09/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ in practice: ‘Councils facing financial turbulence should consult more – not less’ 18/09/2018
- New innovation fund for places of worship launched by HLF: Expressions by 14 Oct 18/09/2018
- Update: The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill 18/09/2018
- Civic Voice’s ‘Big Conservation Conversation’: Civic Conservation Audits and the ‘Conversation’ 18/09/2018
- Letter from the Chief Planner: A Scotland-wide update 18/09/2018
- NT’s ‘AACB’ feature on Biddulph Grange Geological Garden: The restoration of a ‘known unknown’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look! 15/09/2018
- A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO 15/09/2018
- IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC 15/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10 15/09/2018
Daily Archives: 15/03/2017
Courtesy of the organisers the IHBC will host a stand at the joint National Trust (NT) and CIOB event entitled ‘Keys to the successful operation of historic buildings’, to take place on 3 May in Somerset House.
IHBC’s bursary bounty: ‘Money’s not the barrier’ to the IHBC’s 2017 School on ‘Transport Infrastructure’ – £5000+ available for practitioners & learners…
The IHBC reminds anyone with an interest in heritage that the IHBC is here to help those in need of support for learning, so if you need help to attend the IHBC’s 2017 School in Manchester in June be sure … Continue reading
An Article 4 direction from Southwark Council means that any changes to pubs in the areas will have to go through the planning process rather than benefit from Permitted Development (PD) rights, so the council – as well as the … Continue reading
Civic Voice (CV) reports that Tony Barton, chair of Donald Insall Associates, has written an article on 50 years of Conservation Areas for the Architects Journal.
A crowdfunded attempt to take Plymouth City Council to judicial review over a planning application has been thrown out on the papers as ‘wholly unarguable’.
Plans to turn a former hotel and Grade B listed building into a thriving community hub for the people of Galston, East Ayrshire are more likely now thanks to a Big Lottery Fund award of £328,579, to Galston Community Development … Continue reading
The boss of a firm hoping to build a flats complex on the edge of Rubislaw Quarry has vowed to fight to prevent a granite heritage centre being built at the site.
The passing of this legislation is seen by many as bringing to an end the failure of successive UK governments to ratify the 1954 Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict.
The BBC has featured a phone app has been created to give users a guided tour of some of London’s best ‘ghost signs’, faded branding and advertising markings found on the sides of buildings across the capital.