Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees! 29/03/2017
- Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers! 29/03/2017
- New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours? 29/03/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03 29/03/2017
- RTPI Awards for Research Excellence now open 29/03/2017
- CIC Launches ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for creating an accessible and inclusive environment 29/03/2017
- Fresh lease of life for one of Britain’s oldest slate mines as roof for Cambridge college 29/03/2017
- ICOMOS-UK ‘firmly objects’ to short tunnel at Stonehenge 29/03/2017
- Demolition of Bexhill church refused for third time 29/03/2017
- Pocahontas statue re-listed to mark 400th anniversary of death 29/03/2017
- IHBC consultation response as HE’s revised GPA Note 3 title includes ‘Views’ with ‘Setting’ 24/03/2017
- REMINDER IHBC Marsh Award closes on 31 March 24/03/2017
- IHBC Annual School reminder: end-of-year budgets 24/03/2017
- Neighbourhood Planning Bill passed in House of Lords 24/03/2017
- Guidance For Housing And NSIPs Published 24/03/2017
- Victorian Visions 24/03/2017
- Green light for £2 billion garden city development in Cardiff 24/03/2017
- Fire destroys Grade II-listed Alston Hall in Longridge 24/03/2017
- More than 100 housing estates receive regeneration cash boost 24/03/2017
- UNESCO hosts First International Coordination Meeting for the recovery of Aleppo’s heritage 24/03/2017
- REMINDER – Celebrate your retired members with IHBC’s Marsh Award 22/03/2017
- IHBC Guidance Note ‘Community Infrastructure Levy and Historic Buildings’ online 22/03/2017
- School’s children help secure Chislehurst war memorial GII listing 22/03/2017
- Nominations for Europa Nostra’s 7 Most Endangered 2018 22/03/2017
- Cheshire design consultancy works on NT’s HLF-funded Quarry Bank brief 22/03/2017
Daily Archives: 10/03/2017
IHBC-STBA update to Bonfield: Make ‘Each Home Count’ with ‘Different but Complementary’ approach to traditional fabric
In a well-received and incisive presentation to an audience that included Peter Bonfield, John Preston, IHBC’s Green Panel Chair and Heritage Chair of the STBA, called for traditional buildings to be given a ‘Different but Complementary’ approach in Bonfield’s ‘Each … Continue reading
A recent update of the IHBC’s Listed Building (LB) prosecutions database has resulted in nearly 10 new cases being added to the listing, as well as an overhaul of the contents.
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
Villagers have won a row about honouring their war dead, as a Church judge ruled they can use a wreath holder to display poppies all year round.
Cash-strapped Guildford Cathedral under threat as ‘not too big to fail’, Archbishop of Canterbury warns
The future of the Guildford Cathedral, built in 1961, is now under threat after plans for a housing development on surplus land that would have raised a £10m endowment were rejected by the council.
The Secretary of State for Culture Media & Sport, Karen Bradley, has launched the Government’s ‘UK Digital Strategy’ to help ‘build on our success to date to develop a world-leading digital economy that works for everyone.’
A person protesting against a £65m hotel development in Edinburgh’s Grassmarket – which includes the 19th Century A-listed India Buildings – has left a tree he has been living in after a sheriff granted an eviction notice to developers.
The Supreme Court has given Dover District Council and developer China Gateway International permission to appeal a Court of Appeal ruling that quashed permission for a 521-dwelling development in an area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) following the conclusion that … Continue reading
HMHS Anglia, a hospital ship sunk during the First World War, was recently given war grave status, recognizing the remains of the more than 160 soldiers and sailors who lost their lives aboard her.