Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
- DCMS calls for more research on diversity and place-making now under fire 12/06/2018
- CPRE says countryside being lost to housing at alarming rate, despite increase in brownfield development 12/06/2018
- Scottish Council on Archives: Consultation for users of online archive catalogues, closing 22 June 12/06/2018
- New powers for England’s councils to deliver homes for local families 12/06/2018
- Take a Virtual Tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s fifth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 08/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast? Reminder: Don’t forget the CPD profile! 08/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Lakeland Arts seeks QS services for Abbot Hall site, closing 11/06, value £80k 08/06/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ on early learning, from DBW: Between the campus and the workplace – ‘Transition’ support and experiences for engineers 08/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: £750,000 boost for regeneration of Dundee’s historic buildings 08/06/2018
Daily Archives: 10/03/2017
IHBC-STBA update to Bonfield: Make ‘Each Home Count’ with ‘Different but Complementary’ approach to traditional fabric
In a well-received and incisive presentation to an audience that included Peter Bonfield, John Preston, IHBC’s Green Panel Chair and Heritage Chair of the STBA, called for traditional buildings to be given a ‘Different but Complementary’ approach in Bonfield’s ‘Each … Continue reading
A recent update of the IHBC’s Listed Building (LB) prosecutions database has resulted in nearly 10 new cases being added to the listing, as well as an overhaul of the contents.
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
Villagers have won a row about honouring their war dead, as a Church judge ruled they can use a wreath holder to display poppies all year round.
Cash-strapped Guildford Cathedral under threat as ‘not too big to fail’, Archbishop of Canterbury warns
The future of the Guildford Cathedral, built in 1961, is now under threat after plans for a housing development on surplus land that would have raised a £10m endowment were rejected by the council.
The Secretary of State for Culture Media & Sport, Karen Bradley, has launched the Government’s ‘UK Digital Strategy’ to help ‘build on our success to date to develop a world-leading digital economy that works for everyone.’
A person protesting against a £65m hotel development in Edinburgh’s Grassmarket – which includes the 19th Century A-listed India Buildings – has left a tree he has been living in after a sheriff granted an eviction notice to developers.
The Supreme Court has given Dover District Council and developer China Gateway International permission to appeal a Court of Appeal ruling that quashed permission for a 521-dwelling development in an area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) following the conclusion that … Continue reading
HMHS Anglia, a hospital ship sunk during the First World War, was recently given war grave status, recognizing the remains of the more than 160 soldiers and sailors who lost their lives aboard her.