Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the (amenity) doorstep’: C20 Soc & more object to temporary Royal Festival Hall rooftop restaurant 18/09/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ in practice: ‘Councils facing financial turbulence should consult more – not less’ 18/09/2018
- New innovation fund for places of worship launched by HLF: Expressions by 14 Oct 18/09/2018
- Update: The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill 18/09/2018
- Civic Voice’s ‘Big Conservation Conversation’: Civic Conservation Audits and the ‘Conversation’ 18/09/2018
- Letter from the Chief Planner: A Scotland-wide update 18/09/2018
- NT’s ‘AACB’ feature on Biddulph Grange Geological Garden: The restoration of a ‘known unknown’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look! 15/09/2018
- A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO 15/09/2018
- IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC 15/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10 15/09/2018
Daily Archives: 03/03/2017
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area in April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us there, and remember that this busy event also offers lots of free CPD including … Continue reading
The first edition of ‘Heritage Retrofit older buildings and sustainability’, a Special Report Magazine, has been produced by IHBC’s publishing partners Cathedral Communications, and is being sent to all IHBC members as an additional benefit of IHBC membership. image © BCD
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Ashfield DC, Development potential for GII Annesley Hall, Notts, expressions to 27/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
IHBC ‘members with benefits’ offer: Reduced rates at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar & workshop, Weald & Downland, 14 March… act fast, and with bursaries too!
A one-day hot-mixed lime mortar seminar and workshop, hosted by the Weald & Downland Living Museum, has been arranged by the Building Limes Forum (BLF), an IHBC Recognised CPD provider, on 14 March, with reduced rates for all IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC’s Marsh Awards reminder: £500 for successful heritage learning, and an IHBC Full School place – closing 31 March
At a time when Historic England has been working to get prosecutors and the courts to take graffiti on heritage sites more seriously, some graffiti is being regarded as a heritage asset, says Carolyn Shelbourn in her article in IHBC’s … Continue reading
The Schlumberger Gould Research Centre Cambridge designed by Sir Michael Hopkins has just been granted Grade II* listed status, while the architect described himself as being ‘thrilled’ at the news.
The Liverpool Echo reports that the lavish Edwardian pub The Vines is one of Britain’s finest historic pubs, with a lavish interior and now Thomas Kennedy wants to convert long-unused parts of its upper floors into hostel accommodation including 46 … Continue reading
The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW), the national archive and investigation service for Wales, seeks 3 commissioners, community engagement, digital strategy and archaeology (including industrial), with a closing date of 18 April.
The Evening Standard reports that campaigners opposed to the conversion of the Kensington Odeon cinema building into luxury flats have called for it to be given an emergency listing after rare Twenties interiors were exposed by demolition men.