Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
- DCMS calls for more research on diversity and place-making now under fire 12/06/2018
- CPRE says countryside being lost to housing at alarming rate, despite increase in brownfield development 12/06/2018
- Scottish Council on Archives: Consultation for users of online archive catalogues, closing 22 June 12/06/2018
- New powers for England’s councils to deliver homes for local families 12/06/2018
- Take a Virtual Tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s fifth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 08/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast? Reminder: Don’t forget the CPD profile! 08/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Lakeland Arts seeks QS services for Abbot Hall site, closing 11/06, value £80k 08/06/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ on early learning, from DBW: Between the campus and the workplace – ‘Transition’ support and experiences for engineers 08/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: £750,000 boost for regeneration of Dundee’s historic buildings 08/06/2018
Daily Archives: 03/03/2017
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area in April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us there, and remember that this busy event also offers lots of free CPD including … Continue reading
The first edition of ‘Heritage Retrofit older buildings and sustainability’, a Special Report Magazine, has been produced by IHBC’s publishing partners Cathedral Communications, and is being sent to all IHBC members as an additional benefit of IHBC membership. image © BCD
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Ashfield DC, Development potential for GII Annesley Hall, Notts, expressions to 27/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
IHBC ‘members with benefits’ offer: Reduced rates at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar & workshop, Weald & Downland, 14 March… act fast, and with bursaries too!
A one-day hot-mixed lime mortar seminar and workshop, hosted by the Weald & Downland Living Museum, has been arranged by the Building Limes Forum (BLF), an IHBC Recognised CPD provider, on 14 March, with reduced rates for all IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC’s Marsh Awards reminder: £500 for successful heritage learning, and an IHBC Full School place – closing 31 March
At a time when Historic England has been working to get prosecutors and the courts to take graffiti on heritage sites more seriously, some graffiti is being regarded as a heritage asset, says Carolyn Shelbourn in her article in IHBC’s … Continue reading
The Schlumberger Gould Research Centre Cambridge designed by Sir Michael Hopkins has just been granted Grade II* listed status, while the architect described himself as being ‘thrilled’ at the news.
The Liverpool Echo reports that the lavish Edwardian pub The Vines is one of Britain’s finest historic pubs, with a lavish interior and now Thomas Kennedy wants to convert long-unused parts of its upper floors into hostel accommodation including 46 … Continue reading
The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW), the national archive and investigation service for Wales, seeks 3 commissioners, community engagement, digital strategy and archaeology (including industrial), with a closing date of 18 April.
The Evening Standard reports that campaigners opposed to the conversion of the Kensington Odeon cinema building into luxury flats have called for it to be given an emergency listing after rare Twenties interiors were exposed by demolition men.