Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 03/03/2017
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area in April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us there, and remember that this busy event also offers lots of free CPD including … Continue reading
The first edition of ‘Heritage Retrofit older buildings and sustainability’, a Special Report Magazine, has been produced by IHBC’s publishing partners Cathedral Communications, and is being sent to all IHBC members as an additional benefit of IHBC membership. image © BCD
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Ashfield DC, Development potential for GII Annesley Hall, Notts, expressions to 27/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
IHBC ‘members with benefits’ offer: Reduced rates at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar & workshop, Weald & Downland, 14 March… act fast, and with bursaries too!
A one-day hot-mixed lime mortar seminar and workshop, hosted by the Weald & Downland Living Museum, has been arranged by the Building Limes Forum (BLF), an IHBC Recognised CPD provider, on 14 March, with reduced rates for all IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC’s Marsh Awards reminder: £500 for successful heritage learning, and an IHBC Full School place – closing 31 March
At a time when Historic England has been working to get prosecutors and the courts to take graffiti on heritage sites more seriously, some graffiti is being regarded as a heritage asset, says Carolyn Shelbourn in her article in IHBC’s … Continue reading
The Schlumberger Gould Research Centre Cambridge designed by Sir Michael Hopkins has just been granted Grade II* listed status, while the architect described himself as being ‘thrilled’ at the news.
The Liverpool Echo reports that the lavish Edwardian pub The Vines is one of Britain’s finest historic pubs, with a lavish interior and now Thomas Kennedy wants to convert long-unused parts of its upper floors into hostel accommodation including 46 … Continue reading
The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW), the national archive and investigation service for Wales, seeks 3 commissioners, community engagement, digital strategy and archaeology (including industrial), with a closing date of 18 April.
The Evening Standard reports that campaigners opposed to the conversion of the Kensington Odeon cinema building into luxury flats have called for it to be given an emergency listing after rare Twenties interiors were exposed by demolition men.