Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC makes history again: New joint conservation practice statement – ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ launched at 2017 School and AGM 24/06/2017
- IHBC AGM 2017: Cultivating new officers while delivering on our ambitions 24/06/2017
- IHBC 2018 School announced: Belfast, June 21-23, 2018 – ‘Our shared heritage’ 24/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: Consultant to evaluate impact of Historic England’s work, valued £30-40k, closing 10 July 24/06/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Reflections on the Power of Place – Locality-led partnering on place-based working in Sheffield 24/06/2017
- HE reopens applications for Heritage Action Zones (HAZ)- improve economic growth and quality of life in your local places 24/06/2017
- Scotland’s ‘What’s Your Heritage?’ campaign results out as Scots share thoughts on what heritage means to them 24/06/2017
- Rural Network Wales’ Sustainable Management Scheme Application to open 10 July 24/06/2017
- Girdwood Community Hub takes top honours at Northern Ireland RICS Awards 24/06/2017
- IHBC President’s planning perspectives: RIBA’s ‘Design Companion for Planning and Placemaking’ 21/06/2017
- IHBC Members with benefits: £10 off RTPI NE on ‘Heritage Matters’, in Newcastle, 5 July 21/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Innovate UK seeks applications for £5m for innovation in ‘infrastructure systems for a better world’ 21/06/2017
- Conservative areas ‘difficult’ to get planning permission in, warn developers 21/06/2017
- Nominations open for third Scottish ‘Heritage Angels’ Awards 2017 21/06/2017
- Findings from Lichfields’ latest research into rural tourism 21/06/2017
- NT scoops ‘Special Recognition Award’ for excellence at the Museums + Heritage Awards 21/06/2017
- Campaigners win right to appeal Lancashire fracking decision 21/06/2017
- Grosvenor unveils £500m plans for 12 acres in Bermondsey 21/06/2017
- Titanic Belfast and Odyssey expansion plans 21/06/2017
- IHBC superlatives: Last chance AND once in a lifetime CPD – Heritage values and opportunities in transport infrastructure, Manchester 22/23/24 June 16/06/2017
- IHBC welcomes England’s ‘Civic Day’, a national celebration of civic pride, June 17, from Civic Voice 16/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick: Monmouthshire CC- Abergavenny Castle, ‘Sympathetic’ traditional timber-framed events structure, closing 17 July 16/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Winston Churchill Memorial Trust 2017 Travelling Fellowship – closing 19 Sept 16/06/2017
- BEFS highlights data resources on Europe & seeks thoughts BREXIT priorities by 20 June… 16/06/2017
- SAVE’s ‘Up My Street’ – Buildings at Risk Catalogue 2017-18: Launches 28 June 16/06/2017
Daily Archives: 03/03/2017
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area in April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us there, and remember that this busy event also offers lots of free CPD including … Continue reading
The first edition of ‘Heritage Retrofit older buildings and sustainability’, a Special Report Magazine, has been produced by IHBC’s publishing partners Cathedral Communications, and is being sent to all IHBC members as an additional benefit of IHBC membership. image © BCD
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Ashfield DC, Development potential for GII Annesley Hall, Notts, expressions to 27/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
IHBC ‘members with benefits’ offer: Reduced rates at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar & workshop, Weald & Downland, 14 March… act fast, and with bursaries too!
A one-day hot-mixed lime mortar seminar and workshop, hosted by the Weald & Downland Living Museum, has been arranged by the Building Limes Forum (BLF), an IHBC Recognised CPD provider, on 14 March, with reduced rates for all IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC’s Marsh Awards reminder: £500 for successful heritage learning, and an IHBC Full School place – closing 31 March
At a time when Historic England has been working to get prosecutors and the courts to take graffiti on heritage sites more seriously, some graffiti is being regarded as a heritage asset, says Carolyn Shelbourn in her article in IHBC’s … Continue reading
The Schlumberger Gould Research Centre Cambridge designed by Sir Michael Hopkins has just been granted Grade II* listed status, while the architect described himself as being ‘thrilled’ at the news.
The Liverpool Echo reports that the lavish Edwardian pub The Vines is one of Britain’s finest historic pubs, with a lavish interior and now Thomas Kennedy wants to convert long-unused parts of its upper floors into hostel accommodation including 46 … Continue reading
The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW), the national archive and investigation service for Wales, seeks 3 commissioners, community engagement, digital strategy and archaeology (including industrial), with a closing date of 18 April.
The Evening Standard reports that campaigners opposed to the conversion of the Kensington Odeon cinema building into luxury flats have called for it to be given an emergency listing after rare Twenties interiors were exposed by demolition men.