Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 03/03/2017
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area in April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us there, and remember that this busy event also offers lots of free CPD including … Continue reading
The first edition of ‘Heritage Retrofit older buildings and sustainability’, a Special Report Magazine, has been produced by IHBC’s publishing partners Cathedral Communications, and is being sent to all IHBC members as an additional benefit of IHBC membership. image © BCD
IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Ashfield DC, Development potential for GII Annesley Hall, Notts, expressions to 27/03
The IHBC’s commercial conservation services listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other opportunities together into one handy resource, and the Director’s top pick for IHBC members this … Continue reading
IHBC ‘members with benefits’ offer: Reduced rates at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar & workshop, Weald & Downland, 14 March… act fast, and with bursaries too!
A one-day hot-mixed lime mortar seminar and workshop, hosted by the Weald & Downland Living Museum, has been arranged by the Building Limes Forum (BLF), an IHBC Recognised CPD provider, on 14 March, with reduced rates for all IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC’s Marsh Awards reminder: £500 for successful heritage learning, and an IHBC Full School place – closing 31 March
At a time when Historic England has been working to get prosecutors and the courts to take graffiti on heritage sites more seriously, some graffiti is being regarded as a heritage asset, says Carolyn Shelbourn in her article in IHBC’s … Continue reading
The Schlumberger Gould Research Centre Cambridge designed by Sir Michael Hopkins has just been granted Grade II* listed status, while the architect described himself as being ‘thrilled’ at the news.
The Liverpool Echo reports that the lavish Edwardian pub The Vines is one of Britain’s finest historic pubs, with a lavish interior and now Thomas Kennedy wants to convert long-unused parts of its upper floors into hostel accommodation including 46 … Continue reading
The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (RCAHMW), the national archive and investigation service for Wales, seeks 3 commissioners, community engagement, digital strategy and archaeology (including industrial), with a closing date of 18 April.
The Evening Standard reports that campaigners opposed to the conversion of the Kensington Odeon cinema building into luxury flats have called for it to be given an emergency listing after rare Twenties interiors were exposed by demolition men.