Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC extends private sector support for applicants: Free IHBC CPD ‘MATE’s update, for a CgMS audience 20/10/2017
- IHBC welcomes new research on LPA Urban Design services: Confirms England’s housing delivery threatened by design skills shortage 20/10/2017
- SCT launches IHBC-supported Annual Conference – 50 years of Conservation Areas and Trusts: 27 November, Glasgow 20/10/2017
- Last chance: IHBC seeks ‘Consultant Policy Advisor’ – Closes 23 October 20/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from c.£600,000+ of costed work this week: Quinquennial inspection of Leicestershire church 20/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Mimetic architecture scandal with bribery and corruption takes the biscuit… from DBW 20/10/2017
- Work on Cardiff’s Coal Exchange examined to see if it goes beyond planning consent 20/10/2017
- RTPI World Town Planning Day 2017 Schools Competition: Closing World Town Planning Day – 8 Nov 20/10/2017
- Impact of Brexit and local authorities’ role to be examined by Commons Select Committee: Calls close 14 Nov 20/10/2017
- Bolton’s Beehive Mills demolition plan to go ahead as Government cancels planning inquiry 20/10/2017
- Blackpool’s piers placed on WMF heritage watch list: Include GII listed 20/10/2017
- IHBC Marsh Awards 2018 launched: Nominations for retired IHBC members and New Heritage Learners – Closing end Feb 2018 17/10/2017
- IHBC CPD boost on current affairs: DBW does Brexit compilation 17/10/2017
- DBW on Wales: Featuring Context 149 on ‘A pigsty’s hidden history’ 17/10/2017
- NT’s seeks LBC for window stickers in Peckover House to enhance visitor experience 17/10/2017
- GII Tithe Barn Trust runs ‘Sponsor a Sheaf’ campaign 17/10/2017
- Applications for 50 for free Landmark stays now open until midnight 3 December 2017 17/10/2017
- London Green Belt Council (LGBC): Green belt sites pegged for development ‘doubled’ 17/10/2017
- Guide encourages cooperation between arts and health sector 17/10/2017
- New 2017 School Context out: Latest issue on Manchester 2017, ‘Historic Infrastructure’ 14/10/2017
- IHBC at North Wales Skills Fair on 18 Oct: IHBC says ‘Hello’ to future conservation professionals… and many more! 14/10/2017
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top picks from £412,000+ of costed work: CA Appraisals for Newport 14/10/2017
- England’s conservation opportunities and duties: 74% support Conservation Areas controls…; but only 56% of residents know they live in one! 14/10/2017
- DCLG confirms revised National Planning Policy Framework in Spring 2018 following consultations 14/10/2017
- HE publishes update of Streets for All for consultation, closing 9 Nov 14/10/2017
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading