Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
- England’s government departments new departmental plans: THA member update 15/06/2018
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary orders review as St Peter’s Seminary future again uncertain with closure of arts company NVA 15/06/2018
- Mayor of London unveils £1.1bn vision for East Bank 15/06/2018
- Hostelling Scotland partner with Scottish Civic Trust and ScotRail on exciting new project for the Year of Young People 2018: Closing 5 July 15/06/2018
- IHBC & partners on Design & the NPPF –update on government ‘getting serious on design’ 12/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast 2018? Don’t forget your CPD preparations 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration of Sunderland’s Fulwell Mill sails complete 12/06/2018
- Historic Chapels Trust and CCT partnering for strategic review 12/06/2018
- THA responds to Treasury Committee VAT inquiry, suggesting mitigation measures 12/06/2018
- DCMS calls for more research on diversity and place-making now under fire 12/06/2018
- CPRE says countryside being lost to housing at alarming rate, despite increase in brownfield development 12/06/2018
- Scottish Council on Archives: Consultation for users of online archive catalogues, closing 22 June 12/06/2018
- New powers for England’s councils to deliver homes for local families 12/06/2018
- Take a Virtual Tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London 12/06/2018
- IHBC’s fifth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 08/06/2018
- Going to School in Belfast? Reminder: Don’t forget the CPD profile! 08/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Lakeland Arts seeks QS services for Abbot Hall site, closing 11/06, value £80k 08/06/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ on early learning, from DBW: Between the campus and the workplace – ‘Transition’ support and experiences for engineers 08/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: £750,000 boost for regeneration of Dundee’s historic buildings 08/06/2018
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading