Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the (amenity) doorstep’: C20 Soc & more object to temporary Royal Festival Hall rooftop restaurant 18/09/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ in practice: ‘Councils facing financial turbulence should consult more – not less’ 18/09/2018
- New innovation fund for places of worship launched by HLF: Expressions by 14 Oct 18/09/2018
- Update: The Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Bill 18/09/2018
- Civic Voice’s ‘Big Conservation Conversation’: Civic Conservation Audits and the ‘Conversation’ 18/09/2018
- Letter from the Chief Planner: A Scotland-wide update 18/09/2018
- NT’s ‘AACB’ feature on Biddulph Grange Geological Garden: The restoration of a ‘known unknown’ 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look! 15/09/2018
- A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO 15/09/2018
- IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC 15/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10 15/09/2018
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading