Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary 15/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context 15/08/2017
- Five towns and cities shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2021 15/08/2017
- Jodrell Bank’s Mark II telescope gets Grade I listed status 15/08/2017
- New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media 15/08/2017
- National Churches Trust’s ‘Five point plan’ to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings 15/08/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Belfast 2018’ preamble: Titanic Quarter owner injects £29m into development project 15/08/2017
- LI Feature: Glasgow designs for exhibition aim to calm, shelter and entertain the public 15/08/2017
- Halifax Piece Hall opens after £19m regeneration 15/08/2017
- HES Blog: Conservation work to unroofed nave at Dunkeld Cathedral 15/08/2017
- IHBC welcomes Peter Aiers (IHBC) as new Chief Executive at The Churches Conservation Trust 11/08/2017
- New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more 11/08/2017
- IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area 11/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000 11/08/2017
- Lords Select Committee on ‘citizenship and civic engagement’ launches Call for Evidence: Deadline 7/8 September 11/08/2017
- New Listings Announced to Celebrate 70 Years of Protecting England’s Historic Buildings 11/08/2017
- Trudi Elliott to stand down as RTPI chief executive 11/08/2017
- Keep it London – Putting Heritage at the Heart of London’s Future 11/08/2017
- Wales’ Local Government Secretary announces major shake up of council elections and details of new Local Government Bill 11/08/2017
- Scottish Civic Trust 50th Anniversary celebration: Nominations sought for 50 favourite doors! 11/08/2017
- IHBC’s new–style local training for UK practitioners: ‘Heritage Project Management’ – A ‘Unique Learning Experience’, on site at Bishop Auckland’s £90million project suite, 18/19 October 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD Boost: New ‘Heritage Science BIM’ report from HE, with added context from COTAC 08/08/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Advance your IHBC competences in ‘History’ & ‘Design’ with documentaries on top architects 08/08/2017
- England’s new Ministers acknowledge heritage values – THA to consult members in advance of October meeting with Gove 08/08/2017
- Plans unveiled for new London ‘Culture mile’ 08/08/2017
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading