Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC makes history again: New joint conservation practice statement – ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ launched at 2017 School and AGM 24/06/2017
- IHBC AGM 2017: Cultivating new officers while delivering on our ambitions 24/06/2017
- IHBC 2018 School announced: Belfast, June 21-23, 2018 – ‘Our shared heritage’ 24/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: Consultant to evaluate impact of Historic England’s work, valued £30-40k, closing 10 July 24/06/2017
- IHBC CPD boost: Reflections on the Power of Place – Locality-led partnering on place-based working in Sheffield 24/06/2017
- HE reopens applications for Heritage Action Zones (HAZ)- improve economic growth and quality of life in your local places 24/06/2017
- Scotland’s ‘What’s Your Heritage?’ campaign results out as Scots share thoughts on what heritage means to them 24/06/2017
- Rural Network Wales’ Sustainable Management Scheme Application to open 10 July 24/06/2017
- Girdwood Community Hub takes top honours at Northern Ireland RICS Awards 24/06/2017
- IHBC President’s planning perspectives: RIBA’s ‘Design Companion for Planning and Placemaking’ 21/06/2017
- IHBC Members with benefits: £10 off RTPI NE on ‘Heritage Matters’, in Newcastle, 5 July 21/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Innovate UK seeks applications for £5m for innovation in ‘infrastructure systems for a better world’ 21/06/2017
- Conservative areas ‘difficult’ to get planning permission in, warn developers 21/06/2017
- Nominations open for third Scottish ‘Heritage Angels’ Awards 2017 21/06/2017
- Findings from Lichfields’ latest research into rural tourism 21/06/2017
- NT scoops ‘Special Recognition Award’ for excellence at the Museums + Heritage Awards 21/06/2017
- Campaigners win right to appeal Lancashire fracking decision 21/06/2017
- Grosvenor unveils £500m plans for 12 acres in Bermondsey 21/06/2017
- Titanic Belfast and Odyssey expansion plans 21/06/2017
- IHBC superlatives: Last chance AND once in a lifetime CPD – Heritage values and opportunities in transport infrastructure, Manchester 22/23/24 June 16/06/2017
- IHBC welcomes England’s ‘Civic Day’, a national celebration of civic pride, June 17, from Civic Voice 16/06/2017
- HESPR’s top pick: Monmouthshire CC- Abergavenny Castle, ‘Sympathetic’ traditional timber-framed events structure, closing 17 July 16/06/2017
- IHBC opportunities spotlight: Winston Churchill Memorial Trust 2017 Travelling Fellowship – closing 19 Sept 16/06/2017
- BEFS highlights data resources on Europe & seeks thoughts BREXIT priorities by 20 June… 16/06/2017
- SAVE’s ‘Up My Street’ – Buildings at Risk Catalogue 2017-18: Launches 28 June 16/06/2017
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading