Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New data for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’: Following Boston fine update, more case updates sought 20/03/2018
- IHBC 2018 Yearbook and School theme taster: HES ‘Engine Shed’ public education programme now out 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s School-inspired ‘CPD boost’, via Conservation Wiki, DBW and Context: James Caird’s ‘Tapestry of transport’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Check the library of sustainable building materials at Glasgow’s Lighthouse 20/03/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Guildford campaigners fear sell-off could mean end for GII listed building 20/03/2018
- Twentieth Century Society report scopes out UK’s modern Conservation Areas 20/03/2018
- Court ruling for switching off CCTV at times of worship 20/03/2018
- Civic Voice APPG update: Griff says without resourced councils England more ‘likely to end up with wrong homes in the wrong places’ 20/03/2018
- Milton Keynes 14-storey ‘luxury’ Hotel La Tour approved 20/03/2018
- HE announces ‘Immortalised’: A hunt for the nation’s secret, forgotten or unknown memorial 20/03/2018
- Update on London becoming world’s first #NationalParkCity 2019 20/03/2018
- Highways England ‘Opens Doors’ to behind the scenes construction sites for the 2018 ‘Year of Engineering’ 20/03/2018
- IHBC update on Civic Societies APPG on draft NPPF: ‘Will it deliver England’s future homes?’: ‘Not a chance’ say all! 16/03/2018
- REMINDER: IHBC member survey reminder on interim report: ‘Are we missing anything’? 16/03/2018
- Check out IHBC NI Branch Chair’s Manchester video lead up to Belfast’s 2018 School 16/03/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick from up to c.£1.8+M of costed work this week: Haringey Council’s Bruce Grove Toilet Restoration project, closing 26/03, valued £25-50K 16/03/2018
- IHBC’s outreach and recruitment update on NFB’s Heritage Group conference: Gorton Monastery, Manchester, 7 March 16/03/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: Violet Pinwill, woodcarver to Devon and Cornwall 16/03/2018
- UPVC windows on Boston, Lincs, Grade II listed building lead to £1,430+ fine from magistrates 16/03/2018
- UCL’s ISH call: Ecclesiastical Insurance Bursary for 2018-2019 – closes 18 June 16/03/2018
- New London Awards 2018 now open for entries – deadline 29 March 16/03/2018
- British Islamic heritage celebrated by Historic England 16/03/2018
- Historic Environment Scotland unveils new £12M Investment Plan 16/03/2018
- Gladstone’s Library: Architect-led Submissions sought for new building and redevelopment of GI building & landscape 16/03/2018
- Iconic Spaghetti Junction immortalised in new Birmingham attraction 16/03/2018
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading