Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘successful learner’ nominations – Enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your students and trainees! 29/03/2017
- Last chance for IHBC Marsh ‘retired IHBC’ nominations – enter before April and say ‘Well done!’ to your Branch’s retired volunteers! 29/03/2017
- New addition to IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – John Edwards on ‘Energy efficiency of traditional buildings’: Why not add yours? 29/03/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR pick’: Shettleston New Parish Church seeks consultant on local Heritage Activity Plan, closing 31/03 29/03/2017
- RTPI Awards for Research Excellence now open 29/03/2017
- CIC Launches ‘Essential Principles Guide’ for creating an accessible and inclusive environment 29/03/2017
- Fresh lease of life for one of Britain’s oldest slate mines as roof for Cambridge college 29/03/2017
- ICOMOS-UK ‘firmly objects’ to short tunnel at Stonehenge 29/03/2017
- Demolition of Bexhill church refused for third time 29/03/2017
- Pocahontas statue re-listed to mark 400th anniversary of death 29/03/2017
- IHBC consultation response as HE’s revised GPA Note 3 title includes ‘Views’ with ‘Setting’ 24/03/2017
- REMINDER IHBC Marsh Award closes on 31 March 24/03/2017
- IHBC Annual School reminder: end-of-year budgets 24/03/2017
- Neighbourhood Planning Bill passed in House of Lords 24/03/2017
- Guidance For Housing And NSIPs Published 24/03/2017
- Victorian Visions 24/03/2017
- Green light for £2 billion garden city development in Cardiff 24/03/2017
- Fire destroys Grade II-listed Alston Hall in Longridge 24/03/2017
- More than 100 housing estates receive regeneration cash boost 24/03/2017
- UNESCO hosts First International Coordination Meeting for the recovery of Aleppo’s heritage 24/03/2017
- REMINDER – Celebrate your retired members with IHBC’s Marsh Award 22/03/2017
- IHBC Guidance Note ‘Community Infrastructure Levy and Historic Buildings’ online 22/03/2017
- School’s children help secure Chislehurst war memorial GII listing 22/03/2017
- Nominations for Europa Nostra’s 7 Most Endangered 2018 22/03/2017
- Cheshire design consultancy works on NT’s HLF-funded Quarry Bank brief 22/03/2017
Daily Archives: 01/03/2017
IHBC Branches: Celebrate your retired members with a nomination for IHBC’s Marsh Award before 31 March: £500 and a Full School place for those contributing to the community
The IHBC’s Marsh Awards programme has entered its second year, and includes the celebration of retired IHBC members contributing to their community, with prizes of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Annual School (closing date 31 March 2017).
The IHBC’s West Midland Branch is contributing to the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Conservation Areas by organising a CPD Day on 9 March, followed by their AGM and an afternoon tour of Coventry examples.
IHBC’s newest CPD provider, Mike Wye Associates, wins local and national awards, and offers IHBC members 10% discounts
Sustainable and Traditional Building Specialists, Mike Wye & Associates in Devon, the IHBC’s newest CPD provider, has recently received a suite of awards, national and local, and to mark these achievements offers IHBC members a 10% discount.
Last year, Hoare Lea was one of the runners up in Project Soane, an ambitious competition to digitally recreate Sir John Soane’s Bank of England, and on CIOB’s BIM+ service, their free to air, independent and professional resource for BIM, … Continue reading
IHBC’s BD CPD nod: ‘Successful places (like Brick Lane) need creativity, enthusiasm and collaboration, not money and masterpieces’
Martin Evans writes in Building Design (BD) of how the Old Truman Brewery in London’s Brick Lane is one of Europe’s most distinctive and valuable pieces of real estate but it was not created by a property developer and there … Continue reading
The woman who ran The Willow Tea Rooms on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Street for more than 30 years has won a legal battle to keep its name – opposing the Willow Tea Rooms Trust’s attempts to secure the trademark – as … Continue reading
The government has announced a call for evidence on the roles and responsibilities of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) and Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
There were five stonemasons among the skilled craftspeople who received the Livery Company accolade of Master Craftsman this year, presented at Merchant Tailors Hall in the City of London by the Lord Mayor of London, the Rt Hon Alderman Dr Andrew … Continue reading
Scottish Community initiative gets £273K from Land Fund to purchase crofting estate with 20+ historic sites
The Garbh Allt Community Initiative – a new organisation set up to pursue a community buyout of the 3000 acre West Helmsdale Crofting Estate –has received a boost of £273,025 from the Scottish Land Fund, as it seeks to take … Continue reading