Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC members with benefits: We’re championing CCT’s ‘Champing™’, with special member reductions! Will you?
- IHBC’s next ‘Membership Applications Support Seminar’- Scotland Branch, Glasgow, 18 May
- IHBC NI on ‘social media and digital technologies in HE conservation’ – 26 May: Booking open!
- IHBC at HTF’s ‘Volunteering and Heritage’ Panel: 10 May, Oxford
- IHBC welcomes report on Britain’s Overseas Heritage
- Airtight homes warning from Glasgow’s MEARU
- Land Registry Privatisation- Commons Library report, EDM and consultation
- Unimplemented Planning Permissions- PAS commentary
- CPRE: More than a ¼m houses planned for Green Belt
- External covering and insulation in a conservation area
- May is National Walking Month- any heritage walks near you?
- Reminder: ‘Knowing helps Doing’ – let your friends know about our free ‘taster’ news emails, the IHBC’s NewsBlogs!
- IHBC members with benefits: Reduced rates at University of Leicester’s Heritage in Practice Courses
- Our Heritage: HLF funding update blog for private owners
- Theatres Trust at 40
- Government responds to NIC Northern Connectivity report: Transport not enough!
Daily Archives: 06/01/2012
The IHBC’s concessionary rate for 2012-13 has been revised to respond to current economic pressures on the sector, so members with a salary below £17,500 can now access membership benefits for just £51 in 2012-13. The new rates represent … Continue reading
IHBC members and others are encouraged to join the IHBC’s Linkedin group as it now approaches 1000 members, while a special welcome will be offered to our 1000th member – subject to their agreement! The Group is ‘owned’ by … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted responses to two consultations in December – both in the form of questionnaires – the CLG consultation on Community Infrastructure Levy, and the Property Factors (Scotland) Act, from the Scottish Government. In Scotland the Branch … Continue reading
Universities and Science Minister David Willetts has released a series of reports on the impact of Research Council funding during a speech at Policy Exchange, including a report from Research Councils UK and individual reports from the seven individual Research … Continue reading
The Country Houses Foundation, a charitable grant giving foundation supporting the preservation of buildings of historic or architectural significance together with their gardens and grounds, for the public benefit, has provided an update on its work in a recent … Continue reading
English Heritage has circulated an updated welcome pack for Heritage Champions across England. Owain Lloyd-James of English Heritage writes: ‘Today I sent an email to all Heritage Champions informing them of the production of the new Heritage Champions Welcome … Continue reading
A Friends of the Earth (FOE) report into the planning system from Queen’s University Belfast has revealed a crisis of confidence as it reveals that some four-fifths of Northern Irish residents believe that the planning system serves the people of … Continue reading
Historic Scotland (HS) has commenced the stage 1 consultation on developing Historic Environment Records (HERs) following the report recommendations by Dr Stephen Carter, who identified a potential strategy for the development of Historic Environment Records (HERs) in Scotland over 10 … Continue reading