Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Annual School – Worcester2016: ‘People Power! – Catalyst for change’, BOOK NOW for ‘early bird rates’
- IHBC consultations: Church Building Review Group response
- Reminder: IHBC and HTF need your views on conservation practice ‘NOW’!
- THI funding for coastal communities includes Victorian towns
- Northern Ireland’s Historic Buildings Council re-appointments
- SAVE goes to Court of Appeal on Liverpool Lime Street
- Construction and property profession salary survey
- Intercultural Cities programme website
- Are you a considerate constructor? New guidelines apply May
- Commons Committee launch flood prevention enquiry
- Procurement update: Smaller contractors missing out?
- Rediscovering lost Roman roads
- IHBC in the news: Sunday Times ‘Home’ has IHBC’s President, and with NHTG too!
- IHBC members, with benefits: 10% discount reminder – conservation BS 7913 CPD, Belfast, 18 Feb.
- IHBC CPD in the church: ‘Architecture for the contemporary church’, Bristol, Feb 23
- Update on the HE (Wales) Bill: ‘Tweet in’ to voting on 9 February
Daily Archives: 06/01/2012
The IHBC’s concessionary rate for 2012-13 has been revised to respond to current economic pressures on the sector, so members with a salary below £17,500 can now access membership benefits for just £51 in 2012-13. The new rates represent … Continue reading
IHBC members and others are encouraged to join the IHBC’s Linkedin group as it now approaches 1000 members, while a special welcome will be offered to our 1000th member – subject to their agreement! The Group is ‘owned’ by … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted responses to two consultations in December – both in the form of questionnaires – the CLG consultation on Community Infrastructure Levy, and the Property Factors (Scotland) Act, from the Scottish Government. In Scotland the Branch … Continue reading
Universities and Science Minister David Willetts has released a series of reports on the impact of Research Council funding during a speech at Policy Exchange, including a report from Research Councils UK and individual reports from the seven individual Research … Continue reading
The Country Houses Foundation, a charitable grant giving foundation supporting the preservation of buildings of historic or architectural significance together with their gardens and grounds, for the public benefit, has provided an update on its work in a recent … Continue reading
English Heritage has circulated an updated welcome pack for Heritage Champions across England. Owain Lloyd-James of English Heritage writes: ‘Today I sent an email to all Heritage Champions informing them of the production of the new Heritage Champions Welcome … Continue reading
A Friends of the Earth (FOE) report into the planning system from Queen’s University Belfast has revealed a crisis of confidence as it reveals that some four-fifths of Northern Irish residents believe that the planning system serves the people of … Continue reading
Historic Scotland (HS) has commenced the stage 1 consultation on developing Historic Environment Records (HERs) following the report recommendations by Dr Stephen Carter, who identified a potential strategy for the development of Historic Environment Records (HERs) in Scotland over 10 … Continue reading