Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Local Authority conservation capacity in England: New research confirms continued decline for 10 years – 36% since 2006!
- IHBC’s ‘Top HESPR tender pick of the week’: Orkney @ £20,000 to £30,000
- Reduced rates and 3 FREE IHBC Bursary places at BLF’s Hot-Mixed Lime Mortars seminar, Coventry, 20 Oct… act fast for a special ‘IHBC members with benefits’ offer!
- IHBC welcomes its first Vice President: Mike Brown IHBC
- Historic Building Protection Funding: Parliamentary questions to DCMS
- Waste not want not: Sweden pushes VAT breaks for repairs
- Last chance for 2017 EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards: Closing 1 October
- HLF and RCAHMW: Commissioner and committee skills sought, closing 3 and 12 Oct
- Edinburgh University McEwan Hall Gates: Graduate outcry halts sale
- Diversity in heritage valuing, as sun sets at Rhyl Sun Centre site with demolition work starting
- IHBC South Branch conference and AGM: ‘Forms, Surveys and Reports…’ – Newbury, 7 Oct.
- WG introduce Land Transaction Tax: 1st Wales’ own in 800 years
- 1 in 10 home owners not happy with their builder’s work: So use the FMB’s ‘Keep away from the Cowboys’ checklist
- Poll finds Londoners support restrictions on tall buildings
- Where are the Global Cities of Opportunity? PWC US says London ranks highly
- Countries of Culture inquiry discusses funding for culture and arts
Daily Archives: 06/01/2012
The IHBC’s concessionary rate for 2012-13 has been revised to respond to current economic pressures on the sector, so members with a salary below £17,500 can now access membership benefits for just £51 in 2012-13. The new rates represent … Continue reading
IHBC members and others are encouraged to join the IHBC’s Linkedin group as it now approaches 1000 members, while a special welcome will be offered to our 1000th member – subject to their agreement! The Group is ‘owned’ by … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted responses to two consultations in December – both in the form of questionnaires – the CLG consultation on Community Infrastructure Levy, and the Property Factors (Scotland) Act, from the Scottish Government. In Scotland the Branch … Continue reading
Universities and Science Minister David Willetts has released a series of reports on the impact of Research Council funding during a speech at Policy Exchange, including a report from Research Councils UK and individual reports from the seven individual Research … Continue reading
The Country Houses Foundation, a charitable grant giving foundation supporting the preservation of buildings of historic or architectural significance together with their gardens and grounds, for the public benefit, has provided an update on its work in a recent … Continue reading
English Heritage has circulated an updated welcome pack for Heritage Champions across England. Owain Lloyd-James of English Heritage writes: ‘Today I sent an email to all Heritage Champions informing them of the production of the new Heritage Champions Welcome … Continue reading
A Friends of the Earth (FOE) report into the planning system from Queen’s University Belfast has revealed a crisis of confidence as it reveals that some four-fifths of Northern Irish residents believe that the planning system serves the people of … Continue reading
Historic Scotland (HS) has commenced the stage 1 consultation on developing Historic Environment Records (HERs) following the report recommendations by Dr Stephen Carter, who identified a potential strategy for the development of Historic Environment Records (HERs) in Scotland over 10 … Continue reading