Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
- Construction Career Cards to showcase future opportunities 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner 11/10/2019
- REMINDER STILL TIME TO JOIN US at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ! 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council 11/10/2019
- New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support 11/10/2019
- HRH Prince of Wales continues Patronage of RTPI 11/10/2019
- First World War Centenary Programme: Legacy Evaluation by DCMS 11/10/2019
- LGA: Climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas 11/10/2019
- DEFRA’s Landscapes Review update on National Parks and AONBs 11/10/2019
IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners
See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’ included the Day School presentation on ‘Heritage at Risk: Who Cares?’ by Historic England’s Ben Robinson, now available on IHBC’s YouTube channel.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised
Liverpool landmark the Everton Library, a Grade II (GII) listed building that has been the focus of calls to restore it to its former glory continues to lie leaking, vandalised and derelict, when £5m could renovate the building, reports The Liverpool Echo.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs
A south London community is calling for the antiques trade to look out for a stolen cattle trough, writes the Antique Trade Gazette.
The Annual Report for Historic Environment Scotland (HES) covering the financial year 2018-19 has been published, marking the third year of operation and the last covered by the Corporate Plan for 2016-19, For All Our Futures.
BRE Group has appointed Piers White MBE as its new Chair and announced that he will commence his role at the end of November 2019. He joins BRE Group for the next three years at a time when the built environment industry is going through an exciting period of change and innovation.
The Secretary of State has appointed Sue Wilkinson, Helena Hamerow and Ben Derbyshire as a Commissioners on the Historic England board for four years from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2023.
Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more
HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps have now been scheduled by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on the advice of Historic England and the shipwreck off Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel has been comprehensively surveyed for the first time.
Scottish Housing News has reported on how Glasgow City Council has made steady progress on regeneration of derelict land, with a report carried out by Glasgow City Council showing that between 2017 and 2018, 66.4% of vacant and derelict land in the city has been developed for housing.
Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation (GDHV) is calling for carbon emissions targets to remain a core component within the amended government building regulations due to be released this autumn, the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) has reported.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has awarded £115,763 of grants to 14 projects across Scotland to help communities find sustainable new uses for historic buildings and this quarter, landmark buildings in the centre of towns feature strongly, with awards going to buildings prominently situated in Huntly, Jedburgh and Fraserburgh.
image: AHF website – Former Bookshop Fraserburgh
Galliford Try and the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) have developed an interactive card game, ‘Construction Career Cards’ to promote the breadth of careers in the industry, with Construction Career Cards – representing 40 varied roles within the construction industry – being used to engage young people with opportunities in the sector.
IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner
A busy autumn continues to see a wide range of branch events across the UK. This month’s features include:
- South Branch – ‘Wood is Good’ Conference and AGM 18 Oct
- Yorkshire Branch – Pevsner, Yorkshire: The North Riding and AGM 26 Oct
- West Midlands Branch – ‘Pre-fabs and System Builds: C20th Innovations in Construction in the West Midlands’, 21 Nov
If you want to include any Branch event or news in the next edition just email them to our service support officer Michael Netter at firstname.lastname@example.org