Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new website for 2018: sharp design – improved access – enhanced security – familiar content! 16/01/2018
- IHBC welcomes DBW’s mobile-friendly web designs: Making Conservation Wiki even more accessible 16/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context and on floorscapes: Rob Cowan examines the less familiar materials underfoot 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Forces join to help revamp of Shewsbury Flaxmill 16/01/2018
- RTPI announces new Chief Executive 16/01/2018
- DBW’s top 5 interviews from 2017: Heritage and traditional build, if only in the background! 16/01/2018
- Prime Minister launches 25 Year Environment Plan: Leaving places better 16/01/2018
- DHCLG Consultation outcome publication on ‘Basement developments and the Planning System’ 16/01/2018
- Government promotes housing with DCLG rebrand to DHCLG 16/01/2018
- Scottish council considers knocking down all high-rise flats 16/01/2018
- IHBC’s 2017 NewsBlog review & your New Year resolution: Help us upskill your colleagues with our 6 months free NewsBlog offer! 12/01/2018
- More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP) 12/01/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s weekly top weekly pick from c.£380,000+ costed work this week: Buxton… ‘Cultural Heritage Assets Review’, valued £60,000, closing 26/01 12/01/2018
- IHBC CPD in Context: ‘Traditional paving = Place experience’ 12/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restoration plans for Morpeth pele tower submitted 12/01/2018
- Huge blaze closes Nottingham’s recently restored GII listed railway station 12/01/2018
- Bristol University GII Fry fire accidental 12/01/2018
- Wales: Owners etc. consultation on historic parks and gardens boundaries 12/01/2018
- Highways England’s Strategic Road Network Initial Report consultation: Closing 8 Feb 12/01/2018
- Hackitt report into ‘Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ post-Grenfell: Interim update – Calls for ‘universal shift in culture’ 12/01/2018
- Theresa May’s cabinet reshuffle January 2018 12/01/2018
- Wellcome’s ‘architectural commission’ open call on health and places: Deadline 2 Feb 12/01/2018
- IHBC President reminds on nominations for 2018 Marsh Awards – Closing 28 February 09/01/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Church slams Belfast’s £400m regen scheme due to ‘lack of attention to… preserving or enhancing character’ 09/01/2018
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Christian) doorstep’: New funding to rescue deteriorating historic churches
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Board of Trustees is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE to the position of Chief Executive, who will take up the role from April 16th 2018.
image RTPI website
Over the course of 2017, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has interviewed numerous ‘champions of industry’ and other high-profile figures, and the top 5 most popular interviews of the year all reflect important aspects of heritage in the construction and development sector.
Prime Minister Theresa May has launched a 25 Year Environment Plan – A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment – setting out the government’s intention to leave our environment in a better state than found, and though focussed on plastics, explicitly listed as one of the plan’s 10 main goals are ‘Enhanced beauty, heritage and engagement with the natural environment’.
The Department of Communities and Local Government has been rebadged as the Department of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
image LocalGov website
Scotland’s biggest social landlord North Lanarkshire Council could demolish all its tower blocks within 20 years which, if approved, could transform the skylines of towns including Motherwell, Coatbridge, Airdrie and Wishaw.
image North Lanarkshire Council
IHBC’s 2017 NewsBlog review & your New Year resolution: Help us upskill your colleagues with our 6 months free NewsBlog offer!
The IHBC welcomes 2018 by sharing some NewsBlog highlights from 2017 and, as we look ahead to a busy new year, why not make a resolution to help our work as well as yours: Get your colleagues access to the best free heritage CPD by encouraging them to subscribe to IHBC’s 6 month NewsBlog offer – just have them SIGN UP HERE
More benefits for IHBC members – LPOC Property Show’s free IHBC CPD from Bob Kindred and more: drinks; networking; stands etc, 24-5 Feb, London (Book ASAP)
The IHBC will be joining in the Listed Property Owners Club’s (LPOC) Listed Property Show at London’s Olympia on 24-25 Feb, with IHBC members offered free entry, free CPD – including Bob Kindred’s dedicated IHBC CPD on ‘The Resources Behind Listed Building Prosecutions, and IHBC President David McDonald on heritage policy terms and heritage statements – with networking drinks, exhibition stands and more.
NB: Booking is essential to secure IHBC places and offers, so book first and fast; places limited and details below.