Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC on ‘Heritage Project Management’, with CIOB: local training, for UK practitioners – Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, 18/19 October 18/08/2017
- IHBC update on HE review of written advice and guidance: LA conservation services input sought 18/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: Medway Council seeks heritage interpretation strategy and delivery on HLF project, closing 1 September, valued £97,000 18/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features Sir Donald Insall on Chester Conservation Areas, from our ‘Anniversary’ Context 18/08/2017
- DCLG publishes guidance on Brownfield Registers and Permission in Principle 18/08/2017
- London Mayor’s new planning rules to boost affordable housing: Faster planning permission 18/08/2017
- Places, People and Planning – BEFS response to the Position Statement 18/08/2017
- Nominations for Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards 2017 now open; closing 30 Sept 18/08/2017
- SAVE & partners granted permission for judicial review of government decision on Paddington Cube 18/08/2017
- Campaigners delighted as reconstruction work finally begins on Maida Vale pub the Carlton Tavern 18/08/2017
- Scottish ‘history police’ aim to correct misleading displays 18/08/2017
- Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary 15/08/2017
- New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context 15/08/2017
- Five towns and cities shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2021 15/08/2017
- Jodrell Bank’s Mark II telescope gets Grade I listed status 15/08/2017
- New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media 15/08/2017
- National Churches Trust’s ‘Five point plan’ to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings 15/08/2017
- IHBC’s ‘Belfast 2018’ preamble: Titanic Quarter owner injects £29m into development project 15/08/2017
- LI Feature: Glasgow designs for exhibition aim to calm, shelter and entertain the public 15/08/2017
- Halifax Piece Hall opens after £19m regeneration 15/08/2017
- HES Blog: Conservation work to unroofed nave at Dunkeld Cathedral 15/08/2017
- IHBC welcomes Peter Aiers (IHBC) as new Chief Executive at The Churches Conservation Trust 11/08/2017
- New Context out: Issue 150 on ‘Conservation and Urbanism’ –from conservative surgery to car parking and Yangon & more 11/08/2017
- IHBC thanked by Stamford Civic Society for supporting exhibition marking anniversary of the first Conservation Area 11/08/2017
- HESPR’s top pick of the week: NHMF seeks evaluation of projects funded closing 26 August, valued £30,000 11/08/2017
IHBC on ‘Heritage Project Management’, with CIOB: local training, for UK practitioners – Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, 18/19 October
HESPR’s top pick of the week: Medway Council seeks heritage interpretation strategy and delivery on HLF project, closing 1 September, valued £97,000
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members a weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ that brings business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Medway Council for a heritage interpretation strategy and delivery on its ‘Command Of The Heights’ HLF-funded project, valued at £97,000, and closing 1 September.
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features Sir Donald Insall on Chester Conservation Areas, from our ‘Anniversary’ Context
Sir Donald Insall’s article on ‘Chester, conservation as positive action’, written for the IHBC’s Conservation Area anniversary issue of Context of March 2017, is now available on Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the construction industry’s knowledge base, through the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki resource.
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) has published Planning Practice Guidance to support permission in principle and brownfield registers of land suitable for housing, while a national data standard that all local planning authorities in England are encouraged to follow in preparing and publishing their brownfield land registers has also been published.
Nominations are now open for Heritage Heroes Award which will be announced by The Heritage Alliance (THA) on Heritage Day 2017, with entries closing on 30 September.
A Scottish tour operator has set up a national ‘history police’ forum, allowing the public to report misleading or inaccurate information at museums and local information boards. Continue reading
Alnwick Civic Society thanks IHBC, CV etc. for funding to help secure £6600 celebration of Conservation Areas anniversary
New Designing Buildings Wiki post features ‘Understanding dampness’ from IHBC’s ‘Green Retrofit’ Context
Coventry, Paisley, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland and Swansea have been shortlisted to host UK City of Culture 2021, Minister for Arts, Heritage and Tourism, John Glen announced following a meeting of the independent advisory panel chaired by Phil Redmond.
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
New Generation Thinkers scheme 2018 from AHRC: Bringing university research and ideas to broad audiences via media
A pioneering scheme New Generation Thinkers 2018 from the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) aims to develop a new generation of academics who can bring the best of university research and scholarly ideas to a broad audience through working with the media, and offers a chance for early career researchers to cultivate the skills to communicate their research findings to those outside the academic community.
A five point plan to secure the future of the UK’s church buildings has been set out by the National Churches Trust as follows:
- Prioritise the maintenance of church buildings.
- Make more churches centres for the community.
- Put churches firmly on the visitor and tourist map.
- Create a one-stop shop for churches applying for funding for repairs and maintenance.
- Open church buildings every day.