Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s to launch joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles at Manchester School, 23 June: Be there and see history… and collect a free copy! 26/05/2017
- DBW headlines IHBC’s Manchester School to 6500 construction industry users – So reach out your colleagues and networks too! 26/05/2017
- HESPR top ‘two for one’ pick: Hall for Cornwall measured building survey (£25k) & East Lothian Research Framework (£58k) 26/05/2017
- Still time to nominate someone or yourself for Historic England’s Heritage Angels Awards! 26/05/2017
- Court of Session overturns wind farm blockings at Firths of Forth and Tay 26/05/2017
- Kay Andrews: HLF £1.5m helps heritage and culture at the heart of Wales’ great places 26/05/2017
- Consent granted to Scotland’s first urban right to buy: Portobello Old Parish Church 26/05/2017
- HE marks centenary of Commonwealth War Graves Commission: 15 Herbert Baker listings 26/05/2017
- High Court fight begins over plans for 400 homes on edge of Kedleston Estate, near Derby 26/05/2017
- Own a piece of Pride and Prejudice for £9m: On sale – Bennet’s (GII*) house from BBC’s Ehle-Firth production 26/05/2017
- Town planning degree apprenticeship approved in principle by Government 26/05/2017
- IHBC, heritage & infrastructure – challenges and opportunities – so let your colleagues & networks know: Manchester, 22, 23 & 24 June 24/05/2017
- IHBC responds to HE’s ‘Enabling Development and heritage Assets’ 24/05/2017
- IHBC welcomes ’Heritage Works’ 2017, a toolkit of best practice in heritage regeneration launched 24/05/2017
- IHBC CPD in focus and in Context: Conservation Area antecedents in America’s southern States 24/05/2017
- Court delivers landmark ruling strengthening hand of local planners 24/05/2017
- LGA’s ‘Ten point plan’ to boost local services: local government sets out key manifesto ‘asks’ 24/05/2017
- £45m Welsh Government funding to support national cultural heritage 24/05/2017
- Changes to the apprenticeship funding system in England 24/05/2017
- Building Conservation Project of the Year: RICS Awards, East of England 24/05/2017
- Green campaigner loses court battle on poetic landscape and Derry-Belfast upgrade 24/05/2017
- IHBC launches online registration for Recognised CPD providers: Sign up online, for free! 19/05/2017
- Be a ‘Friend’ to the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and use your network to join ours, absolutely free! (Limited Offer) 19/05/2017
- IHBC responds to White Paper on housing market 19/05/2017
- HESPR top Pick: Pembrokeshire seeks consultant to define and value cultural heritage, closing 13 June 19/05/2017
IHBC’s to launch joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles at Manchester School, 23 June: Be there and see history… and collect a free copy!
DBW headlines IHBC’s Manchester School to 6500 construction industry users – So reach out your colleagues and networks too!
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the online construction industry knowledge base, has featured the IHBC’s 2017 Manchester School and its ‘Infrastructure’ theme to their 6500+ practitioner users, while IHBC members are encouraged to follow that lead and alert colleagues and networks to the unique learning on offer there too!
HESPR top ‘two for one’ pick: Hall for Cornwall measured building survey (£25k) & East Lothian Research Framework (£58k)
The IHBC’s heritage business listing, HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly Bulletins that bring tender and other business opportunities together into one handy resource, while the Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features another ‘two for one’ pick from across the UK, with a call from Hall for Cornwall for a measured building survey (£25k) and from East Lothian for a research framework (£58k), closing 5 and 6 June respectively.
A £1.5m Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) investment in Wales should promote a partnership approach to regeneration in Wales, says Kay Andrews, UK trustee and chair of HLF in Wales.
A community group in Edinburgh is set to become the first organisation in an urban area to benefit from community right to buy powers as consent is granted for the purchase of the former Portobello Old Parish Church and halls to develop a multi-use community hub.
Historic England (HE) has commemorated 100 years of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission with 15 new and upgraded listings of war memorials by one of the Commission’s principal architects, Sir Herbert Baker
Kedleston Hall has taken centre stage at the High Court as campaigners fight to overturn planning permission for up to 400 new homes in the area.
Own a piece of Pride and Prejudice for £9m: On sale – Bennet’s (GII*) house from BBC’s Ehle-Firth production
The Grade II* listed Luckington Court at Luckington in Wiltshire, best known as the Bennet’s house from the 1995 BBC production of Pride and Prejudice starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth, is on the market for the first time in 70 years, through Strutt & Parker with a guide price of £9 million.
The Government has approved in principle the Royal Town Planning Institute’s (RTPI) proposal to develop a Degree Apprenticeship for Chartered Town Planners in England.
IHBC, heritage & infrastructure – challenges and opportunities – so let your colleagues & networks know: Manchester, 22, 23 & 24 June
Gain insights into one of the most challenging heritage resources of our time – transport infrastructure – and discover imaginative opportunities and sustainable answers, at the IHBC’s 2017 School and conference (22-24 June), and let your colleagues and networks know!
For everything, see manchester2017.ihbc.org.uk