About the role: It’s building a sustainable future for world famous historic buildings It’s inspiring the changes behind the traditions. And it’s the pride in leading a team at the heart of a world famous institution. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.
The size, complexity and heritage of the Royal residences will present you with some truly fascinating, and often unique, challenges.
Joining the London team, you’ll be responsible for operational activities, managing a combination of planned and reactive maintenance.
From identifying refurbishment needs to advising on renovation projects, you’ll take on the end-to-end management of a range of works, varying in scope and scale.
Every day, like every project, will be different. You’ll have oversight of work schedules, compliance and risk, budget management and stakeholder relationships.
And you’ll ensure the team around you are engaged, motivated and delivering works to the highest standard, and within deadlines. These daily challenges will be vital to the continued running of our historic Estates.
But maintenance and conservation is only half the story. With every new project, you’ll take a strategic view, identifying new ways to improve our working practices and property maintenance.
About you: As a Chartered Building Surveyor and substantial experience within an environment of occupied spaces, you’re the expert we’re looking for.
- Experience of managing and maintaining historic buildings would also prove an asset, but it’s not essential.
- You know how to lead projects and maintenance works, considering statutory compliance and risk, whilst also being aware of cost control and contract management.
- Your focus on customer service will be clear in everything that you do, and as an effective communicator, you can quickly build positive relationships with colleagues and external contractors alike.
- Highly organised, you’ll be confident managing a number of different projects with multiple deadlines across the estate.
- You’re a logical and innovative problem solver too, able to suggest pragmatic solutions and keep calm under pressure.
- Computer literate and with strong administrative skills, you’ll be able to use Microsoft tools and CAD software to deliver your varied workload.
- What’s more, with a naturally collaborative approach, you’ll enjoy leading in-house and contractor teams to deliver the exceptional.
Closing date: 25/03/2018 23:55