An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the busy Planning team at Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council. Your duties will include:-
- Delivering an effective and efficient heritage & conservation service;
- The implementation of the Council’s Historic Environment Strategy;
- Preparation and review of Conservation Area Appraisals and management plans;
- Responding to planning application consultations;
- Providing timely, expert and impartial advice to other departments of the Council, agencies, developers, councillors and the general public;
- Processing a small caseload of listed building applications;
- Playing a key role in the delivery of heritage led regeneration projects.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to balance the need for development with protecting the built heritage of the County Borough.
You will have effective time management and communication skills and be committed to providing a customer focussed service and have a degree in Planning, Conservation, Built Heritage, Architecture or other relevant specialism. Full membership of the RTPI, IHBC, RIBA or equivalent body is desirable.
For further information or an informal discussion about this role please contact Judith Jones on 01685 726201.
Closing Date: Friday 9th February 2018
Further information and APPLY ONLINE