Babergh Mid Suffolk’s 60 conservation areas and over 6,000 statutorily listed buildings contribute greatly to the character, economy and community pride of the districts and require careful protection and management of change. Enhancing the quality of the built environment through high quality, accessible and sustainable design is therefore an important council objective and we are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our busy team.
To apply for the role, you will need to be educated to degree level in an
appropriate discipline and hold a post-graduate qualification in a
relevant conservation field. You will need to demonstrate extensive
knowledge on conservation, historic building and design issues.
The role will entail:
- managing a full and diverse listed building caseload
- providing expert advice to Planning Officers on all matters in respect
of Conservation, Listed Buildings and Heritage Assets
- providing formal responses upon planning proposals involving built
- involvement in preparing for planning appeals
- other conservation work that may arise, such as advising in relation to
conservation area character appraisals, local listing and heritage at
- securing compliance with planning controls in relation to the historic
- initiating and responding to requests and general enquiries from
applicants, agents, the general public and councillors.
- have a strong work ethic, possess good communication and report writing
skills and will be keen and ambitious
- need to be able to work well independently and as part of the team, and
with minimal supervision
- have excellent customer service skills
- be required to make site visits in a large, rural area and so will need
to hold a driving licence and have a car.
- Plus essential car user allowance
For an informal discussion, please contact Simon Bailey on (01449)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please APPLY ONLINE
Closing date: 1pm, 26 November 2017.