We are seeking to appoint a Departmental Lecturer to contribute to the teaching, supervision, examining and organisation of the Architectural History Programme.
You will need:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification (preferably a doctorate in a relevant discipline, though substantial relevant professional experience may be acceptable).
- An aptitude for teaching and some experience of teaching and research.
- Sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge in the architectural history of England to be able to teach the broad-ranging syllabus and to supervise dissertations in both architectural history (following a humanities-based tradition) and historic conservation (a social-science model).
- A publication record and familiarity with the existing literature and research in the field.
- Demonstrable ability to act on own initiative and to be part of a team.
- Evidence of general administrative skills, including familiarity with appropriate IT packages.
- Awareness of and support for the ethos of university continuing education, including teaching and supporting students of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary academic team supporting an expanding programme attracting outstanding participants from all over the world.
The closing date is noon on 24 November 2017.
For further details and APPLY ONLINE