Pegasus Group is a leading, independent, national planning consultancy. Our teams specialise in planning, design, environment and economic services, covering every aspect of the planning spectrum. Established in 2003 we are now one of the leading national consultancies in the development sector.
Pegasus employs approximately 250 members of staff, of which 190 are professionals, who are assisted by a large range of technical and administrative support staff. We have ten offices located around the UK in Birmingham, Bracknell, Bristol, Cambridge, Cirencester, East Midlands, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester. Pegasus Group has been involved in some of the country’s highest profile development proposals, providing expertise across a range of areas including:
- Town Planning
- Environmental Planning
- Urban Design
- Landscape Design
- Retail/Commercial Planning
- Renewable Energy Planning
- Graphic Design
Pegasus Group’s mission is to provide expert, accurate and effective advice to steer our clients’ projects through the planning system and achieve optimal outcomes.
Reports to: Director of Heritage
We are looking for an experienced Principal Heritage Consultant to join our outstanding Planning and Heritage team in summer 2017. The role will include:
- Working with the Director of Heritage in writing Heritage Statements, ES chapters and Appeal Statements ((archaeology or historic buildings) to a high standard, diligently covering all relevant issues and conveying key points clearly.
- Undertake extensive research, analysis, surveys and impact assessments with little supervision
- Provide insightful recommendations and advice and suggested positioning on costing and quotations
- Write proofs of evidence and give evidence at Hearings and Inquiries.
- Have day to day responsibility for various projects and complete projects as required on budget and manage others in the completion of work to budget.
Maintains and develops knowledge in relevant policy areas within a national and European legislative context.
Assist with preparing client marketing material and play an active role in client and business development.
We are looking to hire a high calibre Heritage Consultant to join our industry leading team. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate in their application:
- A specialist knowledge of the archaeology, historic buildings and/or historic landscapes of the British Isles
- At least five years’ experience as in heritage consultancy
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Excellent knowledge of heritage and the planning system in the UK
- MCIfA desirable if Archaeologist
- IHBC desirable if buildings expert
- GIS skills essential for archaeologists
- Illustration skills desirable
- Full driver’s licence essential
- Can present an argument clearly and persuasively
- Reports will need little or no editing
- Can complete other reports as required and as appropriate
- Can manage others in the completion of the above, and edit reports to a very high standard
- May write Proofs of Evidence and give evidence at Hearings and Inquiries
- Manages complex workload of many projects and other responsibilities as appropriate
- Archaeologists: can manage all scales of fieldwork projects competently and support others in managing projects
- Offer expert advice to clients to move projects forward
- Comes up with innovative solutions focussed on the clients’ needs
Colleague, Client and Consultee Liaison:
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with colleagues, clients and consultees, and to build good relationships
- Ability to present arguments clearly and persuasively in difficult situations
- Is an enthusiastic and helpful team member
- Will develop and maintain own key client contacts and be responsible for the inception of initiatives to generate new business for the department
Financial and Corporate:
- Ability to cost work and provide quotations and complete projects on budget and manage others in the completion of work to budget
We pride ourselves on being a people business. We recognise and value the highly skilled individuals that form our expert team by continually investing in their personal and professional development. Once you join us, you will receive a competitive core salary plus other benefits.
The application process
Please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you meet the criteria explained above to the following email address: email@example.com
Opening date: 8 June 2017
Closing Date: 6 July 2017
The opening and closing date will be strictly applied. Due to the volume of applications we expect, regretfully we will only respond to those who are shortlisted for a telephone interview. If you do not hear from us by 14 July 2017, you have not been successful this time.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Pegasus Planning Group Ltd