The postholder will work to formulate and implement policies for the promotion of good design and the protection and enhancement of the built environment of the Borough with an emphasis on Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings, archaeology and other areas of historic and architectural interest particularly in the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. There will also be opportunities to work with clients and projects located outside of the Borough.
Working to the Development Team Group Manager the post holder’s duties will include:
- To be a senior professional officer within the Development Management Unit giving conservation advice to develop, shape and influence the policies of the Council and external organisations which relate to the World Heritage Site and other Conservation Areas/Listed Buildings. To seek to ensure the protection, enhancement and interpretation of the Borough’s built heritage.
- To formulate a Council wide strategy for the conservation and enhancement of the built environment and provide specialist input into the Council’s Statutory plans.
- Provide detailed specialist conservation and design advice for the Development Management Service Area and external bodies as appropriate.
- To negotiate with developers, architects, owners and other groups on development proposals and schemes and the need for planning and other applications as necessary.
- To act as the Council’s representative at appeals and inquiries, providing proofs of evidence and appearing as expert witness as required.
- To prepare leaflets, advice notes, design and development briefs to promote appropriate new development and the sensitive and correct care, repair and maintenance of buildings and structures of architectural or historical interest.
Applicants will have:
- A recognised post graduate qualification in conservation or equivalent
- Significant post qualification experience related to specialist conservation practice and design issues.
- A qualification in architecture, urban design or town planning.
See Job Description and Person Specification.
For application forms and further details APPLY ONLINE
Sorry but CV’s will not be accepted.
For an informal discussion please contact Keith Harris, Group Manager on 01952 384601.
Closing Date: 5pm 28th April 2017
Interview Date: 5th May 2017